ADVERTISEMENT

The CFP's own precedent for Georgia not making the CFP

93hawkeye

HR All-American
Sep 19, 2004
Pre-Michigan game, Ohio State was undefeated with at least 2 quality wins and mathematically had as good a chance as any to be B10 champs.
After narrow loss to top 3 CFP Michigan, Ohio State had one loss, and no chance at B10 title. They fell 4 spots in the CFP rankings

Before Saturday, Georgia was undefeated and had a good chance to be SEC champs
After narrow loss to top 8 CFP Alabama, Georgia is not SEC champ. By precedent, they should fall at least 4 spots, (down to at least 5)

Pre-Michigan game, Ohio State was undefeated with at least 2 quality wins and mathematically had as good a chance as any to be B10 champs.
After narrow loss to top 3 CFP Michigan, Ohio State had one loss, and no chance at B10 title. They fell 4 spots in the CFP rankings

Before Saturday, Georgia was undefeated and had a good chance to be SEC champs
After narrow loss to top 8 CFP Alabama, Georgia is not SEC champ. By precedent, they should fall at least 4 spots, (down to at least 5)
They just make up reasonings to justify their decisions. They change from year to year.

There is NO WAY the SEC gets left out of the playoffs. If I were a Texas or FSU fan I would be VERY nervous. One of them is going to get hosed.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
They just make up reasonings to justify their decisions. They change from year to year.

There is NO WAY the SEC gets left out of the playoffs. If I were a Texas or FSU fan I would be VERY nervous. One of them is going to get hosed.
Plus Georgia only played 8 conf games and a pathetic non-conf schedule. I believe OSU should be in before them but both Georgia and Bama will be in. Book it 100% boys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT