ADVERTISEMENT

1.5 hours on hold

After I got screwed by Uhaul in a Atl to CO move 17 years ago, we made sure we used Penske for CO to IL last year.

Edit, looks like they only do truck rentals. I guess if I had to do a trailer, I'd just buy one and then sell when I get to the new place. Even if it cost me money, screw Uhaul.

Last edited:
Reactions: goldmom
Spent an hour on hold with Walgreens yesterday. First half hour being told "more than 3 people ahead of me", then 2, then 1, then "please hold" for another 20 mintues...then it hung up on me.

Look into buying a used trailer for what you need. You will very likely be able to sell it once you are done for what you paid for it.

I'll never use uhaul again. Twice they told me...the day before I was moving...they didn't have the truck I reserved. The second time they didn't even bother to call me, I only found out because I called them the day before "to be sure". They made no attempt to try and locate one at another location. I HAD to move the next morning because the new owners were moving in in the afternoon. When I asked the manager what I was supposed to do he said "I don't care".

And get this.....when I asked why there was no truck, he said he rented my truck to a guy who was moving to California (mine was a local move) because they would make more money off it.

Fortunately I was able to get a truck from Penske.

• Wow
Reactions: The Tradition
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT