ADVERTISEMENT

#1000pages FSU Third Natty (Women’s Soccer 2021 & 2023, and Cheerleading 2023 achieved)

Sounds like more people than the five I was told ITT.

Article is also the admin controlling the narrative. Not to imply anything is fabricated in the article, but obviously not a complete retelling.

Not upset with the hire, but don’t like reading that the uncertainty of FSU admin played a large role during the interview process.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Sounds like more people than the five I was told ITT.

Article is also the admin controlling the narrative. Not to imply anything is fabricated in the article, but obviously not a complete retelling.

Not upset with the hire, but don’t like reading that the uncertainty of FSU admin played a large role during the interview process.

I had to unblock him temporarily again to see what Finance was whining about again. But yeah...the Democrat is to FSU’s athletic office as Fauxnews is to the White House, just a propaganda arm. Everyone knows we were shot down by Rhule immediately and Fleck eventually as well as Franklin demanding too much, Campbell turning down a Taggart level offer as he’s probably waiting on Texas, Michigan or another Southwest or Midwest team to open up and Bob being in negotiations with us.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...anklin-Seminoles-Mike-Norvell--138875496/Amp/

“FSU courted Franklin during this process and the two sides went far enough to negotiate. A concern throughout the courtship, however, was that Franklin was leveraging FSU for an extension with PSU.

Franklin joins Iowa State's Matt Campbell as an FSU candidate that ended up getting an extension with his current program.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fighti...fsu-said-to-be-interested-in-brian-kelly/amp/

The only bit of information I relayed that hasn’t proven to be 100% dead on was the Bob Stoops candidacy maybe or maybe not lingering. And that’s because I was continuing to get info from boosters that they were being told by the Booster Org and football admin that Bob was still who was coming. And if you look back, I repeatedly said I knew he was still in contact but I didn’t think he was coming. But everytime I would say, that’s it he’s done. Warchant would leak rumors or a booster would tell me he was a done and coming.

So to the extent there was misinformation getting relayed it seems to be 100% Bob related and limited to Warchant and boosters. Everyone I talked to outside of the boosters whether a blogger, admin, sports agent or attorney was convinced Bob was talking but not coming. It was just boosters being misled whether from an “echo chamber” of just talking with each other and hyperinflating the odds just because Bob was talking to us or because the booster org wanted to generate false excitement to get $$$ or maybe even a purposeful misinformation campaign by Sugiyama to cover up our actual misses. Whether intentional or not, the media only talks about us whiffing on Bob and don’t really mention at all the others. If it’s framed as FSU got its seventh choice it looks bad. If it’s framed as FSU couldn’t convince Bob to come out of retirement and went with an eager young hire instead it looks good.

And honestly, despite some lingering concerns about his personal background and lack of experience and proven track record, so far I’ve loved everything he’s done. His introductory press conference speech was one of the best I’ve seen. If we do end up with Lanning as DC, I’m really liking his staff choices (although I do hope he’s talking to TBuck formerly at Mississippi State as DB coach. He’s a Seminole legacy obviously and a tremendous DB coach). And his immediate start to recruiting is looking good. So I’m mostly won over.

Reactions: cmanole
Tribe, please block me again.

I wasn't whining about anything. I didn't even specifically mention you in my last post.

Your sources were wrong, and you have a hard time dealing with that.

Get over yourself.

Reactions: F4Gary
I had to unblock him temporarily again to see what Finance was whining about again. But yeah...the Democrat is to FSU’s athletic office as Fauxnews is to the White House, just a propaganda arm. Everyone knows we were shot down by Rhule immediately and Fleck eventually as well as Franklin demanding too much, Campbell turning down a Taggart level offer as he’s probably waiting on Texas, Michigan or another Southwest or Midwest team to open up and Bob being in negotiations with us.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...anklin-Seminoles-Mike-Norvell--138875496/Amp/

“FSU courted Franklin during this process and the two sides went far enough to negotiate. A concern throughout the courtship, however, was that Franklin was leveraging FSU for an extension with PSU.

Franklin joins Iowa State's Matt Campbell as an FSU candidate that ended up getting an extension with his current program.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fighti...fsu-said-to-be-interested-in-brian-kelly/amp/

The only bit of information I relayed that hasn’t proven to be 100% dead on was the Bob Stoops candidacy maybe or maybe not lingering. And that’s because I was continuing to get info from boosters that they were being told by the Booster Org and football admin that Bob was still who was coming. And if you look back, I repeatedly said I knew he was still in contact but I didn’t think he was coming. But everytime I would say, that’s it he’s done. Warchant would leak rumors or a booster would tell me he was a done and coming.

So to the extent there was misinformation getting relayed it seems to be 100% Bob related and limited to Warchant and boosters. Everyone I talked to outside of the boosters whether a blogger, admin, sports agent or attorney was convinced Bob was talking but not coming. It was just boosters being misled whether from an “echo chamber” of just talking with each other and hyperinflating the odds just because Bob was talking to us or because the booster org wanted to generate false excitement to get $$$ or maybe even a purposeful misinformation campaign by Sugiyama to cover up our actual misses. Whether intentional or not, the media only talks about us whiffing on Bob and don’t really mention at all the others. If it’s framed as FSU got its seventh choice it looks bad. If it’s framed as FSU couldn’t convince Bob to come out of retirement and went with an eager young hire instead it looks good.

And honestly, despite some lingering concerns about his personal background and lack of experience and proven track record, so far I’ve loved everything he’s done. His introductory press conference speech was one of the best I’ve seen. If we do end up with Lanning as DC, I’m really liking his staff choices (although I do hope he’s talking to TBuck formerly at Mississippi State as DB coach. He’s a Seminole legacy obviously and a tremendous DB coach). And his immediate start to recruiting is looking good. So I’m mostly won over.
Not trying to pick an argument with you, but why do you care so much? Honestly, I appreciated that you came here with the info you had. I did think it was pretty funny that you were sworn to secrecy and then posted it on a message board, but I liked seeing the info. It was basically the same stuff I'd been hearing, but made me think it was more legit since it was coming from another person. At the end of the day though, who gives a shit? I would maybe crack a joke the next time you post "insider" info, but I would certainly be interested in reading it and considering it. Also, who's to say your booster buddies aren't making stuff up about it so it doesn't look like they were misled?

Not trying to pick an argument with you, but why do you care so much? Honestly, I appreciated that you came here with the info you had. I did think it was pretty funny that you were sworn to secrecy and then posted it on a message board, but I liked seeing the info. It was basically the same stuff I'd been hearing, but made me think it was more legit since it was coming from another person. At the end of the day though, who gives a shit? I would maybe crack a joke the next time you post "insider" info, but I would certainly be interested in reading it and considering it. Also, who's to say your booster buddies aren't making stuff up about it so it doesn't look like they were misled?

First of all, I was only sworn to secrecy about my sources identity. Which no one knows.

As far as caring I’m just mildly annoyed at Finance being an tremendous ahat on yet another subject. And it sucks that I can block him but can’t block him from reading what I put. I’d definitely just block him from seeing anything I put out there. Most people appreciate info especially when I specifically described where every nugget came from whether a decisionmaking booster, a nondecision making booster, admin, FSU blogger/podcaster etc... He’s a textbook example of what ruins the social media.

Reactions: royhobbs2
First of all, I was only sworn to secrecy about my sources identity. Which no one knows.

As far as caring I’m just mildly annoyed at Finance being an tremendous ahat on yet another subject. And it sucks that I can block him but can’t block him from reading what I put. I’d definitely just block him from seeing anything I put out there. Most people appreciate info especially when I specifically described where every nugget came from whether a decisionmaking booster, a nondecision making booster, admin, FSU blogger/podcaster etc... He’s a textbook example of what ruins the social media.
Most people appreciate accurate information.

If calling people out for posting BS is being an Ahat, then I'm guilty.

So it's more likely the admin is lying to the pa
Most people appreciate accurate information.

If calling people out for posting BS is being an Ahat, then I'm guilty.
same.

I think a small caveat of “it’s just what I heard, who knows...” would go a long way instead of trying to be the first to the finish line with “solid sources who sit by a statue and say racist things and go to the same clinic as me” type shit.

Wierd. Post is wierd.

So it's more likely the admin is lying to the pa

same.

I think a small caveat of “it’s just what I heard, who knows...” would go a long way instead of trying to be the first to the finish line with “solid sources who sit by a statue and say racist things and go to the same clinic as me” type shit.

Or you can eff off and block me. I don’t have to report to you. I will say this, never again will I bother sharing information here, I’ll just keep it to people I know. You ahats have to ruin everything.

You to bros need to move on. Me and Belem are good now, so if we can do it, you can do it...
Or you can eff off and block me. I don’t have to report to you. I will say this, never again will I bother sharing information here, I’ll just keep it to people I know. You ahats have to ruin everything.
Don't feel that way. You started a 30 page thread on HROT about FSU.

I say, "WELL DONE, SIR! Well done."
Dilly dilly
I liked Tribe’s updates/rumors/inside info. The more data points the better, as far as I’m concerned.
He DOES get a bit too wordy. Needs an editor to trim his posts down somewhat.
He is the Scorsese (The Irishman version) of posters
Yeah, you do you. Just ignore the dude...

As much as you say I am, Im not being a dick. Just, temper your confidence level, maybe realizing no matter who the source, they can be wrong. I dunno, respect the rumors, for what they are- data points to mull about with.

Digressing...
Norvell is tough for me. I’ve watched him for 4 years, I love- as a fan- the product he put on the field for pure entertainment value- but I can’t tell you how much was him, his players, or coaching. As a Memphian, I wished he’d stayed because he could have had his own version of a dynasty in the middle-weights if his pace kept up.
As a FSU fan, I feel like it was a smart gamble. I hope his success translates of course, but Fuente has me skeptical. It’s a big lane change.

Reactions: F4Gary and cmanole

Nobody who challenged your posts ruined anything.

As much as you say I am, Im not being a dick. Just, temper your confidence level, maybe realizing no matter who the source, they can be wrong. I dunno, respect the rumors, for what they are- data points to mull about with.

Digressing...
Norvell is tough for me. I’ve watched him for 4 years, I love- as a fan- the product he put on the field for pure entertainment value- but I can’t tell you how much was him, his players, or coaching. As a Memphian, I wished he’d stayed because he could have had his own version of a dynasty in the middle-weights if his pace kept up.
As a FSU fan, I feel like it was a smart gamble. I hope his success translates of course, but Fuente has me skeptical. It’s a big lane change.

Being a head coach has multiple parts. First and foremost is hiring assistants who can recruit AND develop players. Second is the ability to personally close the deal on recruits. Third is choosing the right schemes. Fourth is in-game decisions. All play a part.

I'm in wait-and-see mode. I was skeptical about Willie, but I warmed up to him. He lost me when he made the decision to start Francois, who was clearly a cancer to the team, and when he stayed with Aguayo who apparently doesn't really care if he makes a kick or not.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Lost Jeff Sims’ commitment.

Hopefully Norvell can win him over

For whatever reason, Norvell doesn't like Sims. I personally would keep him as he was the glue for what's left of our commitments, but apparently Novell does not like him at all and it's made even worse by the fact that Norvell's new OC apparently hates Sims personal qb trainer and vice versa.

So it's a mix of personal animosity with the current OC and just an appraisal of Sims that's different than the previous admin. Apparently Norvell and company do absolutely love Renfro but Briles may be able to drag Renfro to his final destination depending on whether it's as OC at a G5 or a P5 head coaching spot. The other QBs we're apparently going to go all in on are a former Ole Miss commit who is an elite baseball player as well, two lesser recruits from Georgia and some QB in the Tampa area that Memphis was pursuing.

Reactions: royhobbs2
For whatever reason, Norvell doesn't like Sims. I personally would keep him as he was the glue for what's left of our commitments, but apparently Novell does not like him at all and it's made even worse by the fact that Norvell's new OC apparently hates Sims personal qb trainer and vice versa.

So it's a mix of personal animosity with the current OC and just an appraisal of Sims that's different than the previous admin. Apparently Norvell and company do absolutely love Renfro but Briles may be able to drag Renfro to his final destination depending on whether it's as OC at a G5 or a P5 head coaching spot. The other QBs we're apparently going to go all in on are a former Ole Miss commit who is an elite baseball player as well, two lesser recruits from Georgia and some QB in the Tampa area that Memphis was pursuing.

Maybe he doesn’t fit the system. But he better sign a QB or get one during the transfer window after WT missed the last two years

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Our new QB recruits to follow are this 3 star white guy who can dunk

https://247sports.com/Player/Tate-Rodemaker-46052628/

The four star dual threat qb formerly committed to Ole Miss

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...shford-decommits-from-Ole-Miss-140266794/Amp/

And....I can't remember the names of the other two

Oh, we ain’t pulling off any passengers that are on the Lane Train. That’s a party and Ole Miss has already let it be known that they’ll buy the first keg

Maybe he doesn’t fit the system. But he better sign a QB or get one during the transfer window after WT missed the last two years

There's a decent chance the current Memphis QB may follow Norvell to FSU. Brady White is a former 4 star and could be immediately eligible as a grad transfer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.no...rady-white-follow-norvell-to-tallahassee/amp/

Of course we might miss out on Blackman...but oh well.

tenor.gif

Who is his trainer here in Jax? Denny Thompson?

I think we will be fine with another QB. Sims senior year was not great and the fact we may lose him to Maryland or Georgia Tech speak volumes. I think Norvell wants a lot of new blood.

Predict JB will be hitting transfer portal and he will keep Jordan, Wyatt, and 2 new freshman and a JUCO transfers of new staffs liking. Need lots of options there

I think we will be fine with another QB. Sims senior year was not great and the fact we may lose him to Maryland or Georgia Tech speak volumes. I think Norvell wants a lot of new blood.

Predict JB will be hitting transfer portal and he will keep Jordan, Wyatt, and 2 new freshman and a JUCO transfers of new staffs liking. Need lots of options there

Blackman MAY actually fit what Norvell wants in a QB other than being a slow/poor decisionmaker. His offense is more similar to Jimmy James Jim Joe Bob's was than to Taggart or Briles. While they snap relatively quickly, it's not "Lethal Simplicity". Apparently it's a mix between the Gus Malzahn style offense and a standard pro set like Jimbo. I have literally watched zero Memphis games so that's not my assessment just what I've heard from others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT