ADVERTISEMENT

#1000pages FSU Third Natty (Women’s Soccer 2021 & 2023, and Cheerleading 2023 achieved)

If it happens at all, and with all the problems mentioned above, I actually prefer this schedule to what we would've had. I always wanted to play a schedule without FCS/D2 teams. I like it.

......West Virginia and Boise State are either postponed or cancelled.

giphy.gif

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Why in the ever-loving hell would they give Notre Dame a full ACC schedule without assurance that they will join the conference full time in football? I would've told them to join or play whatever games they could. As usual, Swafford mismanaged a great opportunity to negotiate.
Because for at least this year we split their NBC revenue. Money is driving this for both ND and the ACC.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Look at it this way, we've basically swapped
WV, Boise, BC, Wake Forest, Cuse and Samford for UVA, Duke, GT, UNC, Pitt and ND. I'll take that any friggin day man.

2wnNl-.gif

We had the long weekend planned for a 2 day ride, enjoy Boise for a Friday, Sat game day, then another couple days through the mountains home. So NO, I will not take that. Unless they reschedule Boise next season.

The rest is just a trade.

This was also the closest to a home game for me since they canceled the AF game years ago.

2wnNl-.gif

We had the long weekend planned for a 2 day ride, enjoy Boise for a Friday, Sat game day, then another couple days through the mountains home. So NO, I will not take that. Unless they reschedule Boise next season.

This was also the closest to a home game for me since they canceled the AF game years ago.
Well that does suck for you. I'd still go up there and use that time with the family or tailgate somewhere with beers and a grill anyway, watching another one of our games at a campsite or somethin.

But I'd be shocked if they even have a season, or if so, let fans in, especially away fans. Chalk it up for another covid kick in the balls. I'm trying to view this shit with rose colored glasses my man.

Well that does suck for you. I'd still go up there and use that time with the family or tailgate somewhere with beers and a grill anyway, watching another one of our games at a campsite or somethin.

But I'd be shocked if they even have a season, or if so, let fans in, especially away fans. Chalk it up for another covid kick in the balls. I'm trying to view this shit with rose colored glasses my man.

I am also pulling to be wrong, but think football will be canceled.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
2wnNl-.gif

We had planned a trip to Atlanta for the WV game. Here's the current statement from the game site:

Our first concern right now is to make sure our team members and their families are safe and healthy. We are monitoring the pandemic situation closely making sure to stay up to date on new information from sources like the White House, the CDC and state and local governments. We are following all social distancing guidelines and making sure our employees shelter in place during this challenging time and making sure they are working remotely from home. As it relates to the Kickoff Games we will host over the first two weeks of the college football season, right now everything is in place for the games to be played as scheduled, and that is our intent. We feel it is simply too early to have any discussions about if or when that may change as we all do our best to work together to fight through the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to monitor the situation closely. If during the course of the mitigation of the coronavirus the conferences and universities discuss alternative plans for the start of the college football season then we will work closely with our partner teams and conferences and address them at the appropriate time.

We had planned a trip to Atlanta for the WV game. Here's the current statement from the game site:

Our first concern right now is to make sure our team members and their families are safe and healthy. We are monitoring the pandemic situation closely making sure to stay up to date on new information from sources like the White House, the CDC and state and local governments. We are following all social distancing guidelines and making sure our employees shelter in place during this challenging time and making sure they are working remotely from home. As it relates to the Kickoff Games we will host over the first two weeks of the college football season, right now everything is in place for the games to be played as scheduled, and that is our intent. We feel it is simply too early to have any discussions about if or when that may change as we all do our best to work together to fight through the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to monitor the situation closely. If during the course of the mitigation of the coronavirus the conferences and universities discuss alternative plans for the start of the college football season then we will work closely with our partner teams and conferences and address them at the appropriate time.
If the SEC goes to a conference-only schedule, the uf game would be out which would open the UWV game as the one OOC game being allowed.

Football Schedule out.

Sept. 12th - Georgia Tech

Sept. 19th - Samford

Sept. 26th - at Miami

Oct. 3rd - Open

Oct. 10th - at Notre Dame

Oct. 17th - North Carolina

Oct. 24th - at Louisville

Oct. 31st - Open

Nov. 7th - Pitt

Nov. 14th - at NC State

Nov. 21st - Clemson

Nov. 28th - Virginia

Dec. 5th - at Duke

What has already been discovered is that FSU faces not one, not two, not tree, but 4 teams coming off their bye week with an extra week to rest and prep for FSU. Clemson, Notre Dame, Pitt, Virginia.

Most other teams have one, a few have two. Wake faces zero teams coming off a bye. FSU gets 2, including the two best teams and two other considered in the top half.

It's really weird....almost makes me wonder if the ACC hates, FSU...but we all know that is not the case.

I didn’t read the article, so not sure. I try not to give them any clicks.

Florida law and executive orders, and local restrictions, will take precedence.

Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami-Dade Counties all have restrictions right now, and if they continue, it won't matter how many fans UM would like to show up.

Florida law and executive orders, and local restrictions, will take precedence.

Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami-Dade Counties all have restrictions right now, and if they continue, it won't matter how many fans UM would like to show up.
I believe Leon does too. Runk can speak with authority on that.

RIP Michael Ojo. Sad to hear that the big man passed away at such a young age. Apparently collapsed at practice and they were not able to revive him.

Was always one of my favorite FSU basketball players. Seemed to be a really nice guy off the court as well.
Damn. I got the impression that nobody worked harder.

RIP Michael Ojo. Sad to hear that the big man passed away at such a young age. Apparently collapsed at practice and they were not able to revive him.

Was always one of my favorite FSU basketball players. Seemed to be a really nice guy off the court as well.
Dang. Sad news. I used to see him and other players at the Soccer Complex when they would come in to watch matches. I believe that was his first love as a sport.
He was an unbelievably large and fit looking person with a smile seemingly always on his face. RIP, Big Mike.

Reactions: noleclone2
Rumor has it that season ticket holders and Boosters will be offered three game packs so that limited attendance goals will be met.
GT-UNC-UVA
CLEMSON-SAMFORD-PITT

Rumor has it that season ticket holders and Boosters will be offered three game packs so that limited attendance goals will be met.
GT-UNC-UVA
CLEMSON-SAMFORD-PITT
Interesting. I think the first option is more exciting, but probably 2 wins in the second set.

Ojo had just 'recovered' from covid. Thinking athletes will start getting full work-ups after they get this shit.

Yep. It is very disturbing and the thing people are not quite grasping, but this thing is causing strokes and heart attacks down the road. Not saying that is the case here, but it was first thing that crossed my mind, before learning that yes he had in fact got it. There is evidence it is causing heart damage and clotting issues.

https://www.pennmedicine.org/update...-blog/2020/june/coronavirus-and-heart-disease
"Finally, the muddied coronavirus waters are getting a little less murky — and revealing that the heart plays a major role in how COVID-19 (the disease caused by the new coronavirus) affects people.

“When patients come in with something that seems non-COVID-related like a stroke or heart attack, we now know we should still be thinking of COVID as a player,” says Penn Medicine cardiologist Helene Glassberg, MD. “It’s important that we think in both directions. Don't miss a non-COVID diagnosis, but don't forget COVID when you're looking at something that doesn't look like it.”

Dr. Glassberg explains what we now know about the connection between heart disease and COVID-19.

How COVID-19 Affects the Heart
First came the studies out of Wuhan, China. One in March reported that 27.8 percent of hospitalized COVID-19 patients suffered heart damage. Some had preexisting heart problems, others didn’t. More research out of Europe and the U.S. has continued to shine a spotlight on the many ways COVID-19 affects the heart:

The new coronavirus injures the heart
When you go to the hospital with heart concerns or a suspected COVID-19 infection, doctors will often check your cardiac enzymes. These tests measure the enzymes and proteins that increase when your heart is damaged, including troponin and creatine kinase (CK).

Damage to heart muscle cells causes troponin and creatine kinase to leak out of the heart into the blood. High levels of these enzymes on blood tests are a clear sign the heart’s in trouble. “The presence of these enzymes identifies heart attacks,” says Dr. Glassberg. “They also show when a COVID patient is having complications related to direct heart injury from the infection.”

COVID-19 causes myocarditis, which can lead to heart failure and arrhythmias
Coronavirus can also cause dangerous inflammation in the heart, or myocarditis, which prevents the heart from doing its job effectively. “We don’t yet know why or how, but COVID-19 infection can directly damage the heart and cause arrhythmias and heart failure. So it's an important risk factor to understand and use to monitor hospitalized patients.”

To determine if a patient is experiencing heart failure, doctors measure brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) levels. “When the heart muscle stretches, this protein gets released into the bloodstream,” explains Dr. Glassberg. “If BNP levels are elevated in COVID-19 patients, that means there’s heart injury and heart failure, which translates into potentially higher risks for worse outcomes.”

Dr. Glassberg also reports that about 10 to 20 percent of patients have arrhythmias related to COVID-19 infection."

I one time had courtside seats in the Tuck where our feet were actually on the hardwood. Ojo inbounded the ball right in front of us. My son and I looked at each other and agreed that he was the largest human being that we had ever seen, especially in that close proximity.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT