ADVERTISEMENT

#1000pages FSU Third Natty (Women’s Soccer 2021 & 2023, and Cheerleading 2023 achieved)

Also, I thought Jauan Williams was the laziest football player FSU ever had, but the latest news that he beat his girlfriend over an argument over who ate the last Uncrustable (a PREMADE pb&j for the laziest of lazy people) just takes the cake. He’s too lazy to smear on two spreads on two slices of bread.

This is both a good and bad thing in my mind.

I think it’s only positive. There are only 15 teams that have won the tourney in the past 30 years and they are Virginia, North Carolina, Louisville, Duke, Maryland, Syracuse, Villanova, Connecticut, Kansas, Florida, Kentucky, Arkansas, Michigan State, UCLA and UNLV when it was cheating with Tark. How many would you say of that list wasn’t destinations for one and doners at the time they won? Arkansas is the only real outlier as that championship team only had one first rounder and one second rounder on the team per Wiki.

Now look at the teams that won multiple championships in the last 30 years, it’s only Duke, North Carolina, Villanova, Connecticut and Kentucky. All of those are filled with one and doners.

I think it’s only positive. There are only 15 teams that have won the tourney in the past 30 years and they are Virginia, North Carolina, Louisville, Duke, Maryland, Syracuse, Villanova, Connecticut, Kansas, Florida, Kentucky, Arkansas, Michigan State, UCLA and UNLV when it was cheating with Tark. How many would you say of that list wasn’t destinations for one and doners at the time they won? Arkansas is the only real outlier as that championship team only had one first rounder and one second rounder on the team per Wiki.

Now look at the teams that won multiple championships in the last 30 years, it’s only Duke, North Carolina, Villanova, Connecticut and Kentucky. All of those are filled with one and doners.
I understand and deny none of that. The bad for me is losing the ability to get to know the players and to watch them grow as both players and young men. Admittedly, that might be selfish.

Reactions: FSUTribe76

I don't associate one-and-done with Villanova. I'm scratching my head trying to think of any. The others, definitely.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Has not had. Vince is still with Pittsburgh. In 2018 he signed a three year $18.6 million contract.

I knew I’d seen he was still playing recently (Tomahawk Nation usually puts up former Nole NFL stats) but made what thought was a safe assumption that he was out of the league by now.

I still insist he was closing on Kermit on that TD return.
Crazy top speed for such a big guy.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Drugs are bad, mmmmmmmkay.
His less physically talented older brother had a pretty long (for the NFL) career if I recall correctly.

Karlos looked to have the physical tools to be a dominant player - size, speed, quickness, agility - but it just never translated onto the field, he was never any better than mediocre at any position.

I always thought they should've tried him as a WR. He moved around on the field much more like a receiver than a running back or a safety.

Karlos looked to have the physical tools to be a dominant player - size, speed, quickness, agility - but it just never translated onto the field, he was never any better than mediocre at any position.

I always thought they should've tried him as a WR. He moved around on the field much more like a receiver than a running back or a safety.
Karlos was always such a nice kid. Before he signed with FSU, we would occasionally tailgate with his parents when they came to see Vince so I got to know him a bit then. He was kind, polite and always respectful.

Reactions: Finance85

That's what made it crazy how his rookie season with Buffalo went.

One of my favorite plays of his.

He throws a key block here and shows he was basically as fast Kermit, one of the fastest guys to ever suit up for FSU. It is a shame what could have been after his fist NFL year.

I don't associate one-and-done with Villanova. I'm scratching my head trying to think of any. The others, definitely.

After looking specifically at Villanova you are correct, they have only had a single one and doner. Lots of twofers but only the one done in the first year. So I stand corrected about Villanova. My perception of their program for bringing in elite talent didn’t match reality, they’re closer to Virginia in using older/less talented players than I thought.

I get your point about talent flowing through a school and its importance to being a winning program but trying to make the point by going back 30 years seems odd when the one and done era started with the CBA in 2005, first year was 2006.
Of the teams listed the only teams to win with a primary player as one and done would be Syracuse, Kentucky and Duke. ( that is off top of my head).
Sure would have liked to see if FSU could have been added to the list this year

I get your point about talent flowing through a school and its importance to being a winning program but trying to make the point by going back 30 years seems odd when the one and done era started with the CBA in 2005, first year was 2006.
Of the teams listed the only teams to win with a primary player as one and done would be Syracuse, Kentucky and Duke. ( that is off top of my head).
Sure would have liked to see if FSU could have been added to the list this year

Yes the one and done rule started then, but the same quality players were still going to the same schools.

Baseball recruiting is crushing it again. These coaches are bringing in some serious talent
There has not been an issue getting the kids to commit. The issue has been getting them on campus after the draft. We obviously don't pay as much as uf.
I've heard that the MLB draft will be different this year due to Covid. I imagine that should help.

Reactions: runkpanole
There has not been an issue getting the kids to commit. The issue has been getting them on campus after the draft. We obviously don't pay as much as uf.
I've heard that the MLB draft will be different this year due to Covid. I imagine that should help.
The draft is changing and was before covid. MLB has figured out what the NFL knew for years. NCAA baseball is a free minor league system that gives you the ability to see a kid develop a little more before you spend millions on them.

The depth of the classes the coaches are recruiting provides insurance for the draft should someone be taken very early. There are 2 top 10 catchers from the 2021 class. 2022 and 2023 are also filling up very nicely.

While his FSU career was somewhat underwhelming for a 5-star, he had 7 touchdowns and 5.5 ypc as a rookie in the NFL with limited touches. Mediocre players don't do that. As you said, he should have been on offense from day 1 at FSU.

He'd be in the NFL today for sure if not for his demons/lack of discipline. The contrast with Vince is so perplexing.

200.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT