ADVERTISEMENT

133 Big Ten Seeds based off of NCAA Coaches ranking

AsicsFanatic

All-Conference
Feb 14, 2007
How close will the seeds be to how the Coaches ranked them?
Twelve wrestlers rated in the top 33.

Seed, (Coaches Rank),Wrestler, (School)
1. (1) Chris Dardanes (MN)
2. (2) Bradley Taylor (WIS)
3. (5) James Gulibon (PSU)
4. (6) Cory Clark (IA)
5. (8) Zane Richards (IL)
6. (9) Rossi Bruno (MI)
7. (10) Johnni DeJulius (OSU)
8. (12) Danny Sabatello (PUR)
9. (16) Scott Delvecchio (RUT)
10. (18) Geoffrey Alexander (MARY)
11. (21) Dominick Malone (NW)
12. (23) Eric Montoya (NEB)
This post was edited on 2/27 12:46 PM by AsicsFanatic

This is a bummer since, I think it is unlikely that Cory beats Dardanes that leaves him on the same side of the bracket for Big Tens (and probably Nationals). I think a 3rd place finish at Big 10's and 3rd or 4th at Nationals is likely (though you never know).

Cory can beat anyone but he can't stand around and let guys force the action in the first period.

Originally posted by OldDKL:

This is a bummer since, I think it is unlikely that Cory beats Dardanes that leaves him on the same side of the bracket for Big Tens (and probably Nationals). I think a 3rd place finish at Big 10's and 3rd or 4th at Nationals is likely (though you never know).
This is NOT the official seeding. In fact, many project that Cory will actually be seeded as low as 6th or 7th based on his poor Big Ten dual record. And that would be a blessing in disguise.

Originally posted by hawkiniowacity:

Originally posted by OldDKL:

This is NOT the official seeding. In fact, many project that Cory will actually be seeded as low as 6th or 7th based on his poor Big Ten dual record. And that would be a blessing in disguise.
The seeds are based on Big Ten dual season. Cory will get the 6th or 7th seed which will be great. One thing about the Big Ten now is Wisconsin wrestled a very easy schedule and will get good seeds.

What kid would have the best chance to knock Dardanes off in the nationals besides Clark in your opinion.

Originally posted by HIWILLE:
What kid would have the best chance to knock Dardanes off in the nationals besides Clark in your opinion.
In the Illinois- MN. dual Richards had Dardanes down something like 7-1 going into the 3rd. He gassed and lost in OT IIRC.

in my eyes only the edinboro wrestler. Schopp can beat Dardanes if he is able to maintain his weight without being drained by the time they meet in the finals on the 3rd day. he is a big 133 pounder

This post was edited on 2/28 1:02 PM by Burning Beard

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT