ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Pre-Seeds

I’m a little worried about the quarterfinal matchup with Gas Tank Gary. That guy was pulling some strange Merkel stuff in their last matchup. Hopefully Cassioppi picked up a few things in that match.

Reactions: WiscoWrastler
I’m a little worried about the quarterfinal matchup with Gas Tank Gary. That guy was pulling some strange Merkel stuff in their last matchup. Hopefully Cassioppi picked up a few things in that match.
Cass will beat him like he stole something on their feet so unless gas tank suddenly makes that a turn, I wouldn’t sweat that matchup at all. Maybe Cass gives up a riding time point but he should beat him easily. Just one guy’s opinion.

Reactions: artradley

just don’t take down.

Reactions: artradley
just don’t take down.
We have two or three guys who shouldn't take down. But it seems like the macho thing to do. Just wrestle smart. Like if you're ahead with 20 seconds to go you don't need a take down. Just protect your win...

Reactions: Lsanders20
We have two or three guys who shouldn't take down. But it seems like the macho thing to do. Just wrestle smart. Like if you're ahead with 20 seconds to go you don't need a take down. Just protect your win...

Yes match strategy can be very important. Would prefer to see him get choice in the 2nd and go on bottom if need be rather then in the 3rd. Guessing it will not matter though as BIG Cass puts a beating on him!

Reactions: chuck285
I'm a little surprised Brunner is listed. Even if he goes, at what kind of strength will he be? Could be a big factor in how 197 plays out.
I am guessing this is a win a match or two to qualify and MF out or a Suriano situation to get a couple weeks to heal up and go at NCAAs.

Reactions: slushhead
For the first time in a long time I am really happy with tournament seeds for our guys. Not sure what to think at Hwt, whether it's good news or bad that Cass would face GS in the semis, but either way it was going to be a tough match up. Excited for him to get a 2nd shot at one of them and hopefully both.

Hoping they don't make any changes at 33 because this set up is the best case scenario for AD. He can obviously beat rby and Gross, but don't want to see him wrestle seabass until the end if he faces him at all. I think he can beat all these guys and believe he does, but if he has to face the unknown, I'd rather it be in the finals if possible and get the most points and highest finish he can get.

Reactions: 86__90 and Jrjt0518
For the first time in a long time I am really happy with tournament seeds for our guys. Not sure what to think at Hwt, whether it's good news or bad that Cass would face GS in the semis, but either way it was going to be a tough match up. Excited for him to get a 2nd shot at one of them and hopefully both.

Hoping they don't make any changes at 33 because this set up is the best case scenario for AD. He can obviously beat rby and Gross, but don't want to see him wrestle seabass until the end if he faces him at all. I think he can beat all these guys and believe he does, but if he has to face the unknown, I'd rather it be in the finals if possible and get the most points and highest finish he can get.

I kinda feel that even though the match with Steveson was closer on the score board that he has a better chance to win vs Parris. I think Steveson beats Parris and Hilger gave him a tough go last match as well.

In order what quarters match ups are you most worried about getting upset? For me:
Abe vs Rocky
Max vs McKee
Young vs Robb
Cass vs Gas Tank
DeSanto vs Lovett

I hope we send 10 to the semis but I think we get upset at 1 of the weights.

Reactions: Jrjt0518
Let’s remember, seeds can change. Though, I don’t see how any team can argue. Seems pretty fair to me.

In order what quarters match ups are you most worried about getting upset? For me:
Abe vs Rocky
Max vs McKee
Young vs Robb
Cass vs Gas Tank
DeSanto vs Lovett

I hope we send 10 to the semis but I think we get upset at 1 of the weights.

I feel very confident on the bottom two match ups but the top three, anyone of them could lose those matches.

Reactions: HIWILLE
Murin vs Mckee. That is a re-match from just a couple weeks ago and will be another battle between two top 8 guys. I would be disappointed if we lost any of the others. I think Assad will be rested and ready to roll.

Reactions: Jrjt0518

Absolutely. Sometimes it’s like watching Tin Cup. Just win - don’t worry about machismo.

Reactions: Spaceman Spifff
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT