ADVERTISEMENT

17-12 (9-7)..

SotaHawk87

HR Legend
Jan 3, 2015
Had that Minnesota screw job never happened we'd be talking about 2 wins away from being in the projected field (with how this bubble
Is shaping up). I'm not gonna play shoulda woulda with any other losses but Minnesota was an absolute screw job..

Had that Minnesota screw job never happened we'd be talking about 2 wins away from being in the projected field (with how this bubble
Is shaping up). I'm not gonna play shoulda woulda with any other losses but Minnesota was an absolute screw job..

Yep. And Omaha doesn't happen. A lot of woulda, coulda, shoulda, but overall, I'm pleased with this season. Assuming all the young kids continue to work hard and get better, a pretty bright future for Iowa basketball.

Omaha wasn't really that close though.. I'm talking about a game that WAS decided by one call.. Iowa didn't deserve to beat Illinois, Nebby, or Omaha.. just my opinion

Omaha wasn't really that close though.. I'm talking about a game that WAS decided by one call.. Iowa didn't deserve to beat Illinois, Nebby, or Omaha.. just my opinion

I agree, but there's no way an NCAA tourney team should lose to Omaha. That was my point.

I hate coulda woulda shoulda, we can't replay them. But it does make one lust for what if...

Just soldier on to the Badgers. Play like tonight? W.

Reactions: lovedwatchingLester
Omaha, Nebby & Minny OTs & IL at home.... that's the margin folks for not making it to the dance.

Agree about Illannoy, but Iowa should have won at Nebby with ANY calls in the final 15 minutes, including the OTs. Glad I missed Omaha.

They have a better than average chance with this win at Maryland

Confidnece is very high

I am happy if we get to NIT unless we win B1G tourney, but I'm not sure how much control over selection to that tournament since teams that win regular season but lose in their tourney get automatic NIT bids. Several of these occur every year so we have to hope this a low number. Getting to N1G semis may be enough though to earn it on our own

Reactions: CRCY
I would be very happy with an NIT bid. This team wouldn't do much in the Dance, but a deep run in the NIT would be a great launching pad for next year and beyond.

Reactions: SDHN2013
if we do make it to the NIT...we could make a run in it...but more so chance for these young guys to play some more games...Cook today was scary..and the little shit back up recruit from Marion, Iowa....yep I guess he can stay.....:D

Reactions: tedboy78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT