ADVERTISEMENT

17 Broward County FL Sheriff's Deputies arrested for fraud

"Lapointe said his office doesn't have evidence that the alleged crimes were an organized conspiracy coordinated by multiple people. Rather, he said, it appears that deputies were acting as individuals. Lapointe said the investigation is ongoing."

If there was no coordination between them, it really says something about the type of individuals they have been hiring. Jesus Christ.

Reactions: TheCainer
"The sheriff's office was closed early Thursday because so many deputies were taken into custody."

The Office Reaction GIF

How about if your job is to uphold the law...but then it turns out you're a criminal, then you can't be a cop anymore.

Reactions: TheCainer
Can’t wait for DeSantis to make the rest of America like Florida. A lawless s***hole.

I fully expect him to take the opportunity to remove the elected sheriff - who is a Dem- and replace him with a Republican.

I'm guessing Broward is going to have a hiring spree shortly. Every fringe officer in SoFla will be headed there to get a new opportunity.

Last edited:
Trad, every once in a while, you post something that makes me think there is hope for you. And then you post something like this. Oh well.

I'm pretty sure how this went down....

Sherriff's department employee: "Holy crap! I applied for PPP money and they sent me a check! I didn't have to verify anything or send any documents! This is awesome!"

Others in the breakroom: "Are you serious? Send me the link to apply for this free money!"

Reactions: jasonrann
I fully expect him to take the opportunity to remove the elected sheriff - who is a Dem- and replace him with a Republican.

He already did that in Broward County. DeSaster removed the previous Broward sheriff, a democrat, and appointed the current sheriff based on the recommendation by a parent at Stoneman Douglas high school. The current sheriff withheld some information on his application for the appointment. Most notably, he failed to disclose that he killed someone when he was younger. He also had scant administrative experience before being appointed.

Blog dedicated to sheriff’s misdeeds

Last edited:
Reactions: DonVito2740

Sherriff's department employee: "Holy crap! I applied for PPP money and they sent me a check! I didn't have to verify anything or send any documents! This is awesome!"

Others in the breakroom: "Are you serious? Send me the link to apply for this free money!"
or more likely

”I’m a cop I can do whatever I want without consequences. Imma get that PPP money even though I’m a government employee and not a business owner deeerrrrrrrp”

or more likely

”I’m a cop I can do whatever I want without consequences. Imma get that PPP money even though I’m a government employee and not a business owner deeerrrrrrrp”

Most of the criminals indicted here were not deputies. They were civilian department employees.

Any cop that falls for a "free money" plan, isn't smart enough to be a cop.

Reactions: SolarHawk

You keep doubling down on what a moron you are. They had to create a fake business and submit fake documents, such as a tax return. They are scumbags that should not be anywhere near a law enforcement agency. It was a lot more than just filling out an application and getting a check. It makes me wonder, were you "entrapped" to submit a false claim?

We let criminally indicted people run for President!
Not sure there's anything wrong with "running" (if I'm equating running to campaigning); however, I'd like to think something could be done to prevent balloting and subsequently taking office. Wouldn't that be something, morons vote for a guy that legally can't assume the position for which he was hired. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Not sure there's anything wrong with "running" (if I'm equating running to campaigning); however, I'd like to think something could be done to prevent balloting and subsequently taking office. Wouldn't that be something, morons vote for a guy that legally can't assume the position for which he was hired. Nothing would surprise me at this point.
Colorado has the right idea.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT