ADVERTISEMENT

17th out of 18 BIG schools in recruiting...that's killing it! Our sales pitch and/or NIL must suck to be that bad. 250 2025 4*s and we have ONE!!!

Letsgohawks411

HR All-State
Feb 15, 2015
Something has to change SOON! We may win 8-9 games based on defense alone this season but the future is NOT bright. I have given monthly to the Swarm over the past 2 years, but unless the coaches secure some major NIL funding, we are going backwards and my $250/yr is meaningless. We lose most of our defense this year and both our recruiting and transfer portal activity suck ass. 4-6 wins will soon be our max. Missing on either Brooks or Epenesa will be a catastrophic failure. You have to keep the best in-state kids at home and you have to land top rated legacies. The problem is we're trying to sell a '76 dodge pickup to kids who want a tesla.

goat yelling GIF by chuber channel

Boyz, the “new rulz” are not going to be kind to schools like UIowa. The U of Iowa will choose to remain an academic institution as opposed to becoming a D-League franchise for the NFL/(W)NBA/MLB…of course, you guys can invest the tax money Kim is letting you keep to invest in Iowa sports/Swarm.
Iowa isn’t much academically these days either.

Boyz, the “new rulz” are not going to be kind to schools like UIowa. The U of Iowa will choose to remain an academic institution as opposed to becoming a D-League franchise for the NFL/(W)NBA/MLB…of course, you guys can invest the tax money Kim is letting you keep to invest in Iowa sports/Swarm.
I think their academic ranking is eerily similar to their recruiting ranking

Something has to change SOON! We may win 8-9 games based on defense alone this season but the future is NOT bright. I have given monthly to the Swarm over the past 2 years, but unless the coaches secure some major NIL funding, we are going backwards and my $250/yr is meaningless. We lose most of our defense this year and both our recruiting and transfer portal activity suck ass. 4-6 wins will soon be our max. Missing on either Brooks or Epenesa will be a catastrophic failure. You have to keep the best in-state kids at home and you have to land top rated legacies. The problem is we're trying to sell a '76 dodge pickup to kids who want a tesla.
Yawn. How many 4 stars on this years defense?

Reactions: cmhawks99
OUR money the government is ALLOWING us to keep? Maybe those actually paying taxes have said enough - time to reinvent the putrid stench of unaccountable bureaucratic bloat. You guys sure love your US News horoscope rankings. So sciency.

Reactions: Iowa Gobbler
I wouldn't worry, just as long as the Hawks continue to find players that fit our developmental-mantra.

As you continue to watch the NIL situation unfold ... I think that we'll see (perceived) inequities between players hurt programs.

Furthermore, the NIL game is leading many guys try to solely bank off of what they did in high school ... so some guys aren't developing as they should. Consequently, some guys are just flipping to other programs that can/will pay them more. I think that this NIL culture of entitlement will cause less developmental-oriented programs to continue to suffer.

In so many areas, just throwing money at problems has rarely proven to be a sustainable solution.

I wouldn't worry, just as long as the Hawks continue to find players that fit our developmental-mantra.

As you continue to watch the NIL situation unfold ... I think that we'll see (perceived) inequities between players hurt programs.

Furthermore, the NIL game is leading many guys try to solely bank off of what they did in high school ... so some guys aren't developing as they should. Consequently, some guys are just flipping to other programs that can/will pay them more. I think that this NIL culture of entitlement will cause less developmental-oriented programs to continue to suffer.

In so many areas, just throwing money at problems has rarely proven to be a sustainable solution.
Can you give us a half dozen examples of "In so many areas, just throwing money at problems has rarely proven to be a sustainable solution"?

• Haha
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Can you give us a half dozen examples of "In so many areas, just throwing money at problems has rarely proven to be a sustainable solution"?
Where to begin ....
  • economic stimulus plans at geography X ... (a great case-study is Gary, Indiana) ... the abstraction of this bullet count itself likely encompasses hundreds (or more) of examples ... not just 1
  • magnet schools in impoverished areas ... (the schools themselves and the money they have access to - is typically leveraged to get excellent teachers ... none of which addresses the critical underlying impact poverty has on the students)
  • war on drugs
  • earthquake prediction
  • Oak Island treasure
  • programs trying to increase interest in STEM
  • ... the list goes on
Please don't misunderstand the list ... I'm not saying that some of the bulleted items aren't worthwhile and/or important ... however, throwing money at issues without truly understanding the underlying problems often ends up being a complete waste. For instance, I'm a STEM-educator ... and I love the sentiment of increasing interest in STEM. However, there needs to be a culture shift before it truly can be success.

If you don't donate to SWARM you have ZERO business commenting on the recruiting rankings!

ZERO Business complaining about it.
LOL!

I'm not complaining about it. However, I'm never going to donate to SWARM. Entitled collegiate athletes make me want to vomit.

Mind you ... I'm not saying that I'm against players getting "a piece of the pie" ... I'm not a fan of exploitive labor-practices. However, as a fan, my interest in watching sports (contributing to ad-revenue to conferences, etc) ... and my occasional purchasing of merch ... those are my contributions. It's a shame that those dollars aren't finding their way (in some form) to the players.

However, to give to a collective just so they can pony up ridiculous amounts of cash to players ... players who are wholly unproven at the collegiate level? That is absolutely mind-boggling. If boosters want to give money to help land a proven commodity like Cade ... that's fine in my book. However, some of those folks have money to burn. Most working stiffs (like myself) do not.

I thought after all this time we were past this take… Look, anything on offense is pretty much free game, but we have won a shit ton of football games, put a ton of kids on all conference and all American teams and last I knew we were somewhere in the 10th or 12th most NFL alumni in the country.

Our talent evaluation at TE and all defensive positions is elite

The rankings are based on players and stars. Iowa only has 12 players so far when the kids have signed Iowa will be ranked higher. No worries here

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT