ADVERTISEMENT

$2.99/ gallon gasoline Sunday...

Does this mean we’ll finally also see prices dropping at the grocery store, Target, etc?
Should, but there's a delay until the drop in transportation costs are reflected on the shelf.

I am rather surprised more people think it's just a coincidence that prices started falling immediately after the WH called out Big Oil.

Reactions: unsubstantiated
I'm happy the prices are coming down....but you have to admit the whole gas price back and forth has been pretty ridiculous.
Gas prices have definitely been used as a measuring stick for both the state of the economy and the effectiveness of the Biden administration, fair or not. I've called out some friends on Twitter who posted pictures every time the price went up a dime but have been completely silent on the fall of over $1.

Hey, talk to chis. He says if someone says the president controls prices one way but not the other, then they are an idiot. Take it up with him.
Our whole "update" thing is more of a mockery of the Radical Right when they associated the rise in prices that started last spring to something Biden did or didn't do.

You and I both know the WH doesn't affect the price of gas to any significant degree.

Gas prices have definitely been used as a measuring stick for both the state of the economy and the effectiveness of the Biden administration, fair or not. I've called out some friends on Twitter who posted pictures every time the price went up a dime but have been completely silent on the fall of over $1.
Funny thing is, those bitching still don't see a problem with our HUGE dependence on gas LOL

Should, but there's a delay until the drop in transportation costs are reflected on the shelf.

I am rather surprised more people think it's just a coincidence that prices started falling immediately after the WH called out Big Oil.
Yet has nothing to do with demand being down 10% compared to last summer.

$3.64 up here in NW Wisconsin.
Will take a while for prices come down here. Lots of Minneapolis people own cabins/houses up here so the local businesses stick it to them.

Hy-Vee in Marion did that yesterday from 11-3. Lines at both the grocery store and Fast and Fresh down the street were 3 deep on each pump.

Still $3.79 locally, saw $3.68-$3.71 in Muscatine. Locally our prices take longer to go down for some reason, obviously all stations in lock step.

Reactions: goldmom
Paid $5.22 in Grand Lake, Colorado Friday....and I'd do it again to get back there for another week!

Or they got caught selling oil from the SPR to the Chinese...
🤔

Because people are choosing food over gas. Not driving much

Demand nationwide was down last month almost 9%...oil supply increased 6%.
Food is still crazy. $3.50 for a dozen eggs, $4.59 for a gallon of milk.

The price of gas fluctuates all the time. The President has little to nothing to do with it.

Can’t lay blame when the price goes up then take credit when it goes down. But presidents do. And the people enslaved to a political party fall for it every time.

Reactions: srams21
The price of gas fluctuates all the time. The President has little to nothing to do with it.

Can’t lay blame when the price goes up then take credit when it goes down. But presidents do. And the people enslaved to a political party fall for it every time.
Agree but people of all political stripes are prone to fall for their party line.

if the president has no control over rising prices then he doesn’t get to take a victory lap because prices have started to stabilize. And as a matter of perspective, the captain of the titanic doesn’t get to celebrate its raising from the bottom of the sea.

Still amazing how people are unable to correlate post Covid supply and demand with today's current situation.

After things were basically shut down for a year, I guess a "snap of the fingers" is all that's needed to return to normal. ;) This country has never experienced anything similar to Covid in our lifetimes, so there wasn't going to be a blueprint to model for a recovery.

Just look at how the Fed handled things. They're still confused.

if the president has no control over rising prices then he doesn’t get to take a victory lap because prices have started to stabilize. And as a matter of perspective, the captain of the titanic doesn’t get to celebrate its raising from the bottom of the sea.
See post #15.

Amazing how your view on this subject has changed over the last 6 months.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT