ADVERTISEMENT

$2.99/ gallon gasoline Sunday...

Still amazing how people are unable to correlate post Covid supply and demand with today's current situation.

After things were basically shut down for a year, I guess a "snap of the fingers" is all that's needed to return to normal. ;) This country has never experienced anything similar to Covid in our lifetimes, so there wasn't going to be a blueprint to model for a recovery.

Just look at how the Fed handled things. They're still confused.
So what you're saying is the country and the people tasked with leading it, didn't have a plan for recovery, and if they did have a plan, it failed. Fair.

Hy-Vee in Marion did that yesterday from 11-3. Lines at both the grocery store and Fast and Fresh down the street were 3 deep on each pump.

The price of gas fluctuates all the time. The President has little to nothing to do with it.

Can’t lay blame when the price goes up then take credit when it goes down. But presidents do. And the people enslaved to a political party fall for it every time.
Except, THIS President has maintained all along he has very little to do with gasoline prices.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Paid $3.11/gallon yesterday in Altoona, which was down from $3.27/gallon just a week ago at the same station.

On June 9th, wholesale gasoline closed at $4.28/gallon. Today it is trading at $2.89/gallon. Let's keep this trend going.

Demand nationwide was down last month almost 9%...oil supply increased 6%.
Food is still crazy. $3.50 for a dozen eggs, $4.59 for a gallon of milk.

Where do you buy milk at? Aldi and Walmart are $2.52 a gallon in my town. Costco is $4 and Publix and Winn Dixie are $4.50.

Filled up yesterday at $3.45 a gallon at an Exon.

Reactions: srams21
Where do you buy milk at? Aldi and Walmart are $2.52 a gallon in my town. Costco is $4 and Publix and Winn Dixie are $4.50.

Filled up yesterday at $3.45 a gallon at an Exon.
Yep. I think a lot of people bitching are just buying a product because the location is convenient.

It only takes a little effort to price shop on your phone.

• Haha
Reactions: DooBii
I bought 2% milk at Publix and got a dozen eggs at the Winn Dixie next to my Planet Fitness here in Jax. And that’s what I paid.
Duval County has higher gas because we’ve voted for an add on tax for school improvements and road repairs.
The cheapest gas I’ve seen here was $3.69
at a WaWa yesterday.

Does this mean we’ll finally also see prices dropping at the grocery store, Target, etc?
The price of a lot of consumer goods, especially appliances and large items, is coming down, and there are some good discounts now. It is probably going to be a while before food starts coming down.

Reactions: goldmom
I bought 2% milk at Publix and got a dozen eggs at the Winn Dixie next to my Planet Fitness here in Jax. And that’s what I paid.
Duval County has higher gas because we’ve voted for an add on tax for school improvements and road repairs.
The cheapest gas I’ve seen here was $3.69
at a WaWa yesterday.
Publix must be crazy expensive. You are paying about double for milk what we do.

He did what he could do mom...and that ain’t much. So states have eliminated their gasoline taxes, too...

Our gas taxes are going lower on Oct 1 which is the start of the fiscal year for the state budget.
Hope it helps. 🤞

True…….while prices were going up (Putin’s price hike). But now that they are falling, he is taking the credit.

Don’t be a political hack.
He is taking “credit” for doing what he could do…like any other oil. Releasing oil reserves and jawboning with Big Oil/Saudis… Supply and Demand command the prices…
You need to understand oil $$ were low before he took office because of decreased demand from the pandemic…. And certainly not because of Trumps energy policy.

After not making as much profit as they'd like during the pandemic I think big oil saw an opportunity with Ukraine invasion and big demand summer driving season coming up to limit production and gouge us while they could. And it worked with their record profits.

It has sucked for us consumers but with an auto market that was already clearly headed toward ev's there's really nothing that could have accelerated that shift like a taste of $5 and up gas and that will be good long term. It's anecdotal but a lot more people I know are talking about ev's than a year ago, the decreased maintenance alone is a huge plus. It's going to be a long process but the less dependent we are on big oil going forward the better

Edit: once we get past labor day where kids are back in school and people are taking less vacations I think it will continue to drop.... So likely won't be the political weapon R's have been using it as and were hoping for in november

Last edited:
He is taking “credit” for doing what he could do…like any other oil. Releasing oil reserves and jawboning with Big Oil/Saudis… Supply and Demand command the prices…
You need to understand oil $$ were low before he took office because of decreased demand from the pandemic…. And certainly not because of Trumps energy policy.
2019 gas prices (pre-pandemic)

If you're going to be dishonest, atleast do it in a way that doesn't make you come off as an ass. Did we use gas before 2020? Was demand significantly lower in 2019 than 2021-2022?

U.S. average retail gasoline prices in 2019 were slightly lower than in 2018

weekly U.S. average regular retail gasoline price

Source: U.S. Energy Information Administration, Gasoline and Diesel Fuel Update

U.S. regular retail gasoline prices averaged $2.60 per gallon (gal) in 2019, 11 cents/gal (4%) lower than in 2018. Gasoline prices rose steadily during the first quarter of the year, rising from $2.24 on January 7 to $2.90/gal on May 6, before gradually declining through the rest of the year. Because the cost of crude oil accounts for about 52% of retail gasoline’s final cost, the price of gasoline generally follows movements in crude oil prices, which followed a similar price path during 2019.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
I understand supply and demand. I also understand Joe claimed he had no control over the price of gas……while it was going up. But when prices go down, he suddenly claims it is because of him. It doesn’t work both ways.

I also understand he is a typical sleaze ball politician (and has been for years) who takes credit for anything good that happens, but is never at fault for the bad things. That’s politics, and why I dislike the vast majority of politicians.

And for the record, I voted for Biden.

I’m with you that there isn’t much he can do, so taking the blame or taking credit is a nothing burger.

But, when you hear him and his voices out there in front of the cameras, they’re taking credit for the prices coming down.

I get it, it’s what politicians do so I’m not gonna get pissed about it. But at least admit what’s going on.

I understand supply and demand. I also understand Joe claimed he had no control over the price of gas……while it was going up. But when prices go down, he suddenly claims it is because of him. It doesn’t work both ways.

I also understand he is a typical sleaze ball politician (and has been for years) who takes credit for anything good that happens, but is never at fault for the bad things. That’s politics, and why I dislike the vast majority of politicians.

You voted for Biden but staunchly support Reynolds????

Yeah, I don't believe you.

Or are you just going to say you voted for the lesser of two evils?

LOL

I’m with you that there isn’t much he can do, so taking the blame or taking credit is a nothing burger.

But, when you hear him and his voices out there in front of the cameras, they’re taking credit for the prices coming down.

I get it, it’s what politicians do so I’m not gonna get pissed about it. But at least admit what’s going on.
That is right. That's what these folks are paid to do. He is a politician! But Biden first and foremost, understands the limitations of his office. WE need to understand what the limitations of a politician are and move on. The fact is, Biden "hit all the right buttons" once the price of gasoline became a serious problem....and in the last 6 weeks, the gasolne prices have been trending lower, partially because of his actions.

• Haha

No. You misunderstood what Biden has said. In his defense he HAA done everything he can do to trend gas prices lower...and it has worked to some extend. He could have taken the Hoover Approach and done nothing thinking Big Oil would do the right thing all on their own.

Well yea. You do realize the Republicans were all over his shit when gas prices were going up, right? Like, in a way that I've never seen before in politics.

Biden should not get credit for prices going down but the Rs shouldn't have started it by blaming him.

Exactly…take credit for the good and get blamed for the bad. Been pretty much standard forever….
No. I don't recall rising gas prices getting anywhere near this level of paranoia when it happened under Bush in 08. This is what happens when a party is ruled by conspiracy theories

Reactions: golfinghawkeye
Well yea. You do realize the Republicans were all over his shit when gas prices were going up, right? Like, in a way that I've never seen before in politics.

Biden should not get credit for prices going down but the Rs shouldn't have started it by blaming him.
No disagreement at all. If a republican were in the WH, what do you think democrats would say about high gas prices? The exact same thing. It’s what politicians and anyone that is all in with them does.

That is right. That's what these folks are paid to do. He is a politician! But Biden first and foremost, understands the limitations of his office. WE need to understand what the limitations of a politician are and move on. The fact is, Biden "hit all the right buttons" once the price of gasoline became a serious problem....and in the last 6 weeks, the gasolne prices have been trending lower, partially because of his actions.
Besides releasing some of the reserves, what did he do? Talk to Saudi Arabia?

No. I don't recall rising gas prices getting anywhere near this level of paranoia when it happened under Bush in 08. This is what happens when a party is ruled by conspiracy theories
Your memory is failing. 😉

I don't doubt it!

However, I really don't remember Dems putting stickers on every gas pump of Bush back in 08 but maybe I missed that.
It’s a much different political environment nowadays no doubt…..Bush came in for his share of “blame” though. If orange guy was still president he’d be blamed for high gas prices too, it’d just be different people blaming him 😀….any President would get blamed.

Our gas taxes are going lower on Oct 1 which is the start of the fiscal year for the state budget.
Hope it helps. 🤞
The fiscal year for the state budget is July 1 to June 30. Gov. Ron said the gas tax suspension was put off until October (right before the election) because less tourists come then. LOL.

The fiscal year for the state budget is July 1 to June 30. Gov. Ron said the gas tax suspension was put off until October (right before the election) because less tourists come then. LOL.
Oops my bad. Thanks for that correct time frame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT