Name: Shaun Beyer
High School: Cedar Rapids Kennedy
Position: Tight End
Graduation Year: 2016
Height: 6-foot-5
Weight: 200 pounds
Video: Hudl

Q: How did the Iowa camp go today?
BEYER: "It was a good day. I had a lot of time to talk with the coaches. I performed very well overall. I actually just got off the phone with Coach Woods and had a nice conversation with him. We talked a little bit about the day and it was good."

Q: What was the feedback from the staff?
BEYER: "They said I turned a lot of heads and performed very well. I exceeded their expectations. Coach Woods has told me I'm high on their recruiting list. They said just that I competed well today."

Q: Did they say what areas they want you to improve?
BEYER: "They want to me to get bigger obviously. Since I am not much of a blocking tight end, they want me to work on that a little more. They said that they liked the way I competed."

Q: When will you hear more from the Iowa staff?
BEYER: "They are having their meeting (Monday) and Coach Morgan told me to give him a call around noon. That will be after their meeting so they can talk about stuff. Coach Wood said he wants to see me back on campus as soon as I can. Right now, I am just building relationships with the coaches."

Q: Did Coach Woods tell you to call him after the camp?
BEYER: "We talked in person but he told me he wanted to talk more over the phone. He said to give him a call after the camp."

Q: Where are they recruiting you at?
BEYER: "Coach Woods said he really likes me at tight end but Coach Reid also likes me at linebacker. We'll see how it goes from here I guess."

Q: How do you feel about Iowa?
BEYER: "I feel good. I am just hoping for the best and building a relationship with the coaches. I am having fun with recruiting and not getting stressed. I am not worried about not getting an offer right away. They said they haven't offered that many people anyways."

Q: What does your camp schedule look like?
BEYER: "It is pretty busy. I have Kansas State Tuesday and then Iowa State this weekend. I'm going to UNI on the 18th and a bunch of Division I-AA schools throughout June."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News