Name: Ben Lingenfelter
High School: Cherokee
Position: Offensive Tackle
Graduation Year: 2017
Height: 6-foot-5
Weight: 270 pounds
Video: Hudl

Q: How was your trip Saturday to Iowa?

LINGENFELTER: It was a great visit. I was very impressed. They had a lot of things going on down there. We got a tour and saw everything. It was great overall.

Q: What did they have you do while on campus?

LINGENFELTER: We got a presentation from their strength and conditioning coach in the weight room. He ran through everything going on there. He talked about developing players. We went into their meeting rooms and met with academic advisors. They talked about academics during that. We went on the sidelines and got to hang out a little bit before the game.

Q: What was your favorite part of the trip?

LINGENFELTER: The presentation from the strength coach was pretty impressive. I definitely like how they had a bunch of big named coaches and advisors talking to us. They took the time from a day like that to do that.

Q: What type of attention has Iowa shown you?

LINGENFELTER: So far it has just been a game invite down there and some letters.

Q: What coaches did you get a chance to talk to while there?

LINGENFELTER: I talked to Seth Wallace for a while when we were eating dinner. I talked to Coach Bell for a little bit. I had emailed with Seth Wallace and Scott Southmayd before.

Q: What did they say about you as a recruit?

LINGENFELTER: Coach Bell told me to definitely come down to their bigman camp to see what I can do. Coach Wallace wanted to make sure I get my highlight film to him.

Q: How do you feel about Iowa?

LINGENFELTER: I really like Iowa. They got a lot of great things going on there. The visit definitely impressed me. Their engineering school definitely impressed me as well.

Q: What other programs are recruiting you?

LINGENFELTER: I went on a visit to Nebraska earlier in the year and Iowa State a couple of weeks ago. I have also received letters from Kansas State, Wisconsin, and Stanford.

Q: Did you have a favorite college growing up?

LINGENFELTER: I was raised in Nebraska and had family play for Nebraska so they've always been there. Now I definitely don’t have a bias towards anyone now.

Q: How big are you now?

LINGENFELTER: 6-foot-5, 270 pounds.

Q: Is there a specific position you are being recruited at?

LINGENFELTER: No, not yet. I played four offensive line spots this year. The only one I didn't play was center. I also played defensive tackle and defensive end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.