ADVERTISEMENT

New Story 2017 LB Noah Harvey discusses Iowa visit

Apr 8, 2003
Harvey makes two Big Ten visits
Blair Sanderson | Editor

rqsktdp06qdxbkdowhwp

Noah Harvey, left, with his younger brother, Owen, at Iowa on Friday.

Wisconsin linebacker Noah Harvey currently holds seven scholarship offers and is also hearing from several Big Ten schools that could be getting close. This past weekend, the 6-foot-3, 220-pound Harvey had a chance to visit two of those programs with a trip to Iowa on Friday and one to Wisconsin on Saturday. We caught up with him afterwards to get an update and the latest on his recruiting.

Q: What all did you get to do at Iowa on Friday?

HARVEY: To begin my visit at Iowa, they served us a great meal to eat before we started our itinerary. They then took us on a tour of the football field house and talked in depth about strength and conditioning, academics, and what Iowa football expects out of their athletes. We then got to go out on to the field and watch the pre-game warmups.

Q: Which coaches did you get to talk with and what did they say?

HARVEY: I talked to Coach Wallace and Tyler Barnes on the field. Coach Wallace and I just talked about how this recruitment is a long process and to be patient with everything. Tyler and I talked about Iowa football and just a general conversation.

Q: What is your overall impression of Iowa at this point?

HARVEY: My overall impression of Iowa was the premier attention they put towards their athletes is unmatched. The amount of care they have towards the success of athletes is incredible.

Q: How did Wisconsin go Saturday? What did their coaches tell you?

HARVEY: My time at the Wisconsin game was unbelievable. The rivalry between Wisconsin and Minnesota made the game much more exciting than any other. Coach Tibesar told me he would love to find a way for me to be a member on the Badger football team. No offer yet.

Q: Can you kind of break down your different options right now?

HARVEY: Right now, I hold six FCS offers (South Dakota, South Dakota State, North Dakota, Missouri State, Western Illinois, and Illinois State) and one FBS offer (Buffalo). Also, I have been talking to Michigan State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa the most from Division I.

See highlights from Harvey’s senior year at Arrowhead High School in Hartland, WI in the video below.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News