Name: Tristan Wirfs
High School: Mount Vernon
Position: Offensive Lineman
Graduation Year: 2017
Height: 6-foot-4
Weight: 265 pounds
Video: Hudl

Q: How did your trip to Iowa go?
WIRFS: "I thought it was great. It was really nice to get to know all of the other recruits, the coaches, and again see all of their amazing facilities. Overall it was good."

Q: What did you get a chance to do during the weekend?
WIRFS: "The first day we met in the press box and there was a highlight video. Then we went and had dinner. After that we went and did an ice cream social. That was basically it for the first day. The second day is when we talked academics and about their program. We got to tour the campus and all of the facilities."

Q: What was your favorite part of the visit?
WIRFS: "It was probably just their coaching staff. I met all of them a couple of times and they are just great. All of them have great personalities. The atmosphere that they provided was great."

Q: What do you feel you learned from the trip?
WIRFS: "I guess I got a more in-depth look and learned a lot about how their strength program from Coach Doyle. He talked about how it is run and stuff."

Q: With offers from Iowa and Iowa State, when do you want to decide?
WIRFS: "I'm still going to take my time with things. We'll see how things play out."

Q: What does your visit schedule look like?
WIRFS: "I don’t really have a schedule per say right now. Whenever works basically."

Q: What schools are you trying to see?
WIRFS: "I want to get back to Iowa State once. It will just be those two."

Q: What schools overall have been recruiting you?
WIRFS: "As far as I know, just Iowa and Iowa State. I got a camp invite from Kansas State and Alabama. I'll probably be doing a lot more camps next summer."

Q: Do you think you will still be undecided after the school year?
WIRFS: "Maybe. We'll have to see how things go. I don’t really have a time that I want to decide. I am not thinking about it now."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News