ADVERTISEMENT

New Story 2017 safety Ben Stewart makes first visit to Iowa

Apr 8, 2003
Stewart makes first visit to Iowa
Blair Sanderson | Editor

edrgridkyfyl5se3uh7c

Class of 2017 safety Ben Stewart made his first visit to Iowa on Sunday.

The Iowa Hawkeyes were the first major program to offer a scholarship to Indianapolis Cathedral safety Ben Stewart. This weekend, the Iowa coaching staff had a chance to host the 5-foot-11, 200-pound Stewart on campus for the first time as he visited their junior day on Sunday. We caught up with him afterwards to get a complete update.

Q: What were some of the highlights of the Iowa visit for you?

STEWART: There were plenty of positives to my visit. The coaches seemed to make it a point to ensure that my visit was as best it could be. Shortly after arriving, I got to talk with Coach Ferentz privately, which was great. The facilities were, of course, wonderful. The medical school is top notch and the stability of the coaching staff with Coach Ferentz and others being there together so long was certainly a great thing.

Q: What other coaches did you get to talk with and what were those conversations like?

STEWART: Coach Parker and I talked and he loved what he saw on film and the toughness I bring in the run game.

Q: Leaving there today, what was your overall first impression?

STEWART: I could see myself being a part of their program. It was a great visit and I’m looking forward to building the relationship further.

Q: What’s next for you recruiting wise? Are there more visits coming up?

STEWART: Cincinnati next weekend and then the East Coast the weekend after that to visit Boston College and some Ivy's.

Currently, Stewart holds scholarship offers from Iowa, Boston College, Cincinnati, Western Michigan, Toledo, Bowling Green, and Illinois State.

As a junior, he finished the season with 86 tackles, three forced fumbles, and one interception for Indianapolis Cathedral High School.

See highlights from Stewart's junior year in the video below.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News