ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Big Ten tournament

ckettmann

All-Conference
Jan 10, 2005
Is it correct that in 2018 the Big Ten would have been done with the conference tournament as of yesterday? That gives most teams off for 10 or 11 days before the NCAA tournament. I know that there are some possible recruiting advantages but I do not like it.

That was the way I understood it. Absolutely stupid to move our spot, even more than moving it to NYC in the first place.

I don't like that at all. Keep it where it's at. I am in the mindset if you are playing well you want to keep playing as soon as possible. I wonder if it will affect UNI. They are playing really well and will have to sit for 11 or 12 days before they play. The only advantage would be if someone turns and ankle and needs a few days to recover. But seriously that doesn't happen enough to warrant moving it up.
smile.r191677.gif

I like playing in New York. Awesome city. Great Exposure. Moving it up a week is not good tho... What do you think it would do to the ratings if the finished it on a Wednesday? I know I would be all over watching it. But the rest of the country???
I do LIKE the basketball/hockey double header. That sounds kickass.
This post was edited on 3/9 9:20 PM by hawkeyeguy69

Could we schedule a non conference game after the btt? Maybe an mvc team since they end early as well.

Originally posted by athrilla20:
Could we schedule a non conference game after the btt? Maybe an mvc team since they end early as well.
Good idea. Maybe Drake or UNI in the years we don't play them in the Big 4 classic.
smile.r191677.gif

Originally posted by hawkeyeguy69:

I like playing in New York. Awesome city. Great Exposure. Moving it up a week is not good tho... What do you think it would do to the ratings if the finished it on a Wednesday? I know I would be all over watching it. But the rest of the country???
I do LIKE the basketball/hockey double header. That sounds kickass.

This post was edited on 3/9 9:20 PM by hawkeyeguy69
Did you happen to see the exposure of MSG for the NIT championship? No one showed up

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT