Jun 14, 2001
Name: Trevor Downing
High School: Creston
Position: Offensive Lineman
Graduation Year: 2018
Height: 6-foot-4
Weight: 270 pounds
Video: Hudl

Creston offensive lineman Trevor Downing put himself on the map of Iowa with a strong performance at camp this summer and was back for a visit over the weekend.

Q: How was your trip overall at Iowa?

DOWNING: “We were treated really good. We talked to Kirk Ferentz for an hour in his office probably.”

Q: What was your schedule during the weekend?

DOWNING: “We toured the whole entire facilities, the practice field, the locker rooms, and the visiting locker rooms. Then we got to take a few pictures with the Iowa gear. It was pretty sweet.”

Q: What was your favorite part of the trip?

DOWNING: “It was just visiting with all of the coaches. They were awesome to talk to pretty much.”

Q: Had you been down to Iowa before?

DOWNING: “I have been down to Iowa for a camp and met the position coaches there but it was not the full staff. I got to meet the majority of the staff and they were all great.”

Q: How do you feel you performed at camp?

DOWNING: “It was pretty good. They said my performance resembled what I did during our football season. I feel it worked out pretty well for me.”

Q: What did Coach Ferentz say about you as a recruit?

DOWNING: “I didn't get an offer but he said he wants to keep in touch. That is what he said. He will keep in touch.”

Q: How do you feel overall about Iowa?

DOWNING: “It fits me pretty good. All of the coaches are nice. Brian Ferentz is an awesome guy to be around. He is hilarious. Coach Doyle is an awesome guy.”

Q: What other schools are showing interest?

DOWNING: “Iowa State and Northwest (Missouri State). That is about it.”

Q: What schools have offered?

DOWNING: “Just Iowa State pretty much.”

Q: What are your game day visit plans this fall?

DOWNING: “I want to go to the Iowa-Iowa State game at Iowa. There are a few more I’d like to go at Iowa State and Iowa. I’ll mix it up a little bit.”

Q: When do you want to make a final decision?

DOWNING: “Probably next summer maybe. It is still a little way off I guess.”

Reactions: swiamuddawgs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News