ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Starting Linebackers Emerging as Hawks Approach Fall Camp.

Harbinger273

HR Heisman
Feb 17, 2016
Seth Wallace has indicated that the starters at LB for the coming season will most likely be Niemann (outside) Jones (middle) and Welch (will). I'm not surprised to see Welch showing up at the Will.
Wallace also suggested the the incoming freshman not be ruled out. I don't necessarily see any starters there unless McDonald shows out big time in the next few months. He may also have been referring to Colbert and Wieland as redshirt freshmen. They are quality yet inexperienced depth.

Last edited:
I know Amani Jones needs to be fundamentally sound out there, but his athleticism and high motor seem like they could make up for some of his inexperience. He will make plays like we have not seen from the LB corp is some time. I'm talking about lowering the boom!
I really like the sound of Colberts athleticism in a now beefed up LB body. Hope he takes positive steps in the film room to get ahead soon.

Wow! Incoming freshman Jayden Mcdonald looking Hulked up already. Got some beasts in this photo. Mcdonald is obviously physcially ready to play. Can't wait to see what A. Jones and the 2 other starters can do.

Wow! Incoming freshman Jayden Mcdonald looking Hulked up already. Got some beasts in this photo. Mcdonald is obviously physcially ready to play. Can't wait to see what A. Jones and the 2 other starters can do.
Not too long after Jayden signed with Iowa he was asked by somebody(can't remember who)how much he weighed currently weighed and I believe Jayden said 234(it was something in the 230's)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT