ADVERTISEMENT

New Story 2018 WR Micah Jones talks Iowa visit

Apr 8, 2003
With nearly a foot of snow falling in the state of Iowa, not many recruits were able to make it into town for the Hawkeyes' home finale this weekend, but one that did was talented Class of 2018 wide receiver Micah Jones. The 6-foot-4, 183-pound Illinois native, who picked up an offer from Iowa back in June, enjoyed the chance to catch up with the Hawkeye coaching staff and see another game in person at Kinnick Stadium. We caught up with Jones to talk about the trip, the latest on his recruiting, and much more.

Q: Did you make it to Iowa this weekend or have to cancel due to the weather?

JONES: Yes, we made it just when the ball was being kicked off. The roads were bad. It was cold, but I enjoyed my visit and I was able to talk with Coach Kennedy in the locker room after the game.

Q: What did Coach Kennedy have to say?

JONES: Coach Kennedy said that he was excited to have me down. He asked me how my season went and also just how I was doing in general, which means a lot to me. He brings up the thought of me coming down and playing there, which I love to think about.

Q: What were your thoughts on the game Saturday?

JONES: It was a very good game. I got to witness Tevaun (Smith) do very well in the game. His play shows how good of a coach and mentor Coach Kennedy is. Also, I got to see several other wide receivers and tight ends do very well.

Q: What's your reaction to Iowa moving to 11-0 now and winning the Big Ten West?

JONES: I was not surprised to see they are doing so well. I watched them at a spring practice and they looked great. They will only continue to do better in my opinion and I will continue to rout for them every Saturday.

Q: Where all have you been able to visit this season and where do you go next?

JONES: I have had the privilege of visiting Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Michigan State, and of course Iowa. I plan on going to see a Michigan State basketball game in the winter. Iowa was a great way to end my unofficial visits for the year.

Currently, Jones holds early scholarship offers from Iowa, Northwestern, and Vanderbilt. As a sophomore, he finished with 25 catches for nearly 300 yards and 2 touchdowns for Gurnee Warren, who had a 6-6 record this season.

See highlights from Jones' sophomore year in the video below.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4466604/highlights/313525384/v2

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News