ADVERTISEMENT

2022: BF's back is against the wall

the_hermanator

HB Heisman
Jan 22, 2002
Our defense is going to super solid, if not GREAT. Our special teams are going to be in that same boat. The players are going to play super hard and represent us well. And last and most certainly least, our offense hopes to not be in the bottom 25% of college football. Welcome to another season of Iowa Football with KF. We already know that, right?

I've done a lot of thinking about KF, BF, and the team as a whole. I think BF has more pressure on him than anyone can imagine. The only thing that can hold this team back, much like last year, is a lackluster offense. I think when KF gave BF the QB coaching duties as well, he wasn't showing favoritism. Instead, he was putting all the pressure on BF and backing his own son into a corner. You want to be a head coach? Here you go. No excuses. If our offense sucks again, it will really be on you.

BF's dream is to become a head coach, preferably taking over for his old man. We all know that. That dream has taken some hits over the past few years and almost was put to rest after watching our offense last year. If KF would have retired in February, I don't think the fanbase/donors could accept BF in taking over.

Simply put, BF needs to win the fanbase back. He needs to prove Iowa offense can be fun to watch again. He needs to change, adapt. He needs to prove himself more than ever before. He needs to show two WR who left how much of a mistake they made. He has a third-year starter returning at QB and TE. In Iowa's offense, that is incredible.

BF's back is against the wall. I don't know what is going to happen but I have a feeling Iowa's offense is going to be so much better than last year. I know that isn't saying much, if anything. But I think our offense could even surprise the hell out of a few people this year by winning us a game or two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News