ADVERTISEMENT

*****2022 Bowl games thread*****

Yup, the camera man is all horned up as well!🤪
Respect for the camera operator finding some lovely scenery. Lets see if psu game continues with great game and nice scenery. Ive noticed some of that in a few games. I wonder if that is on purpose. Finding attractive females for the mostly male viewers. Definitely not complaining!!!!

Reactions: EZ2BJZ
I will never, ever root for Penn State in anything ever again. Go Utes.
I can respect your position. Talked to my cousin, 1 of 8 in utah. They are rooting for Utah. I think I'm on the fence. Tulane won me over so maybe that will happen here.

Utah not getting anything out of their passing game. Only 11 yards through the 1st quarter.

Okay. The wing T is where you have a back behind each OT, right?
Kind of like a J with a slot next to a back. Qb with a back next to him and slot just offset from the back. I could be wrong but Delaware ran it around 2000

Reactions: EZ2BJZ
Okay. The wing T is where you have a back behind each OT, right?
No, the Wing T requires a wing player. A backfield player just outside the tackle or tight end on the LOS.

Example
wing-t-offense-formation.jpg

I spent way too much time researching old school running formations and trick plays when creating the playbook for my son’s flag football team when I coached him a few years ago. I didn’t have a kid that could throw worth a damn so we used a lot of misdirection run plays from formations with multiple backs.

No, the Wing T requires a wing player. A backfield player just outside the tackle or tight end on the LOS.

Example

I spent way too much time researching old school running formations and trick plays when creating the playbook for my son’s flag football team when I coached him a few years ago. I didn’t have a kid that could throw worth a damn so we used a lot of misdirection run plays from formations with multiple backs.
Thanks for that info. It's such an interesting offense! Love the ikd school stuff and coaching your kids flag football team must have been fun.

Utah is averaging 5 yards per carry. 16 carries, 81 yards as a team. They'll wear Penn State out at that rate. Mixing it up well between the 2 backs and Rising.

Reactions: Bishop1971

Example

Lol. Nice work. Thanks, man. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it in my life.

NCAA nor the school is paying them. Now it would be intetesting to see the NIL contracts to see what is in there regarding opting out of games.
So what. They can now afford to get fined. Who cares if the ncaa or school is paying them. Fine them and fine them some more.

Unless there's language in the scholarship papers they're signing that says they'll get fined if they opt-out of bowl games, there's nothing the schools can do. And if they do put that in the scholarship papers, a school will gladly waive that if they want a player bad enough, knowing that another school will have no problem waiving that requirement.

Sadly, the schools and NCAA are finding out more and more they need the players more than the players need the schools.

Last edited:
Unless there's language in the scholarship papers they're signing that says they'll get fined if they opt-out of bowl games, there's nothing the schools can do. And if they do put that in the scholarship papers, a school will gladly waive that if they want a player bad enough, knowing that another school will have no problem waiving that requirement.
I was thinking about the nil deals. There have been some schools that require them to sign a 3 year deal to get the money. Could see bowl games are mandatory in nil deals. Also numerous mention ofcplayers not getting paid what was promised. They dont have representation in a lot of cases. Need an organization for both schools and players. A unuin wouldn't work due to rapid turnover. So its up to those in power to get something going. Coaches, presidents, and commissioners.

Reactions: Michael1969
I don't know about Utah's play calling. Averaging over 5 yards a carry, and have your back up QB set up to pass. Totally killed that drive.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
Yep dumb there

It's only a 1-possession game. Utah needs to run Bernard and Jackson until Penn State can show they can stop them. Besides, the passing game hasn't been there for Utah. They're 11 of 26 passing for just 115 yards through 3 quarters.

Utah's in trouble now. They maybe forced out of the running game. 88 yard pass for a TD (new Rose Bowl record). 28-14 Penn State.

More questionable play calling by Utah. A keeper with the backup quarterback on 1st down. Totally destroyed that series of downs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT