ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Iowa Baseball

I would throw Raider in the mix for third base. Mulfur could also be in the mix for 1st/rf/dh. I think two of the Juco pitchers could make a push for the Sunday spot. Obermeuller looks like a guy to start off in the bullpen.

Raider is intriguing. Hopefully he is more than Sosa. Not that Sosa was bad.
Agree on Will.

same on Cade. A true frosh in the rotation is not impossible but real rare.

Pre-Fall Practice Lineup

1B Keaton Anthony
2B Ben Wilmes/Sam Hojnar
SS Michael Seegers
3B Andy Nelson
DH Brennen Dorighi
LF Sam Petersen
CF Kyle Huckstorf
RF Chase Moseley
Friday- Ty Langenberg
Saturday- Zach Voelker?
Sunday- Cade Obermueller? Jared Simpson?

Bullpen is a big ? right now. The starting rotation has some ironing out to do, but I think it will come together.
Christophersen will ideally be Iowa's late inning guy I'd assume. I also think it's a natural role for Brecht with control.

Reactions: KyleHuesmann
Isn’t the Cape where Mazur kind of took off last year? Would be awesome to see Voelker take the same path.
Yes it was. I believe the Iowa coaches had given Mazure a few things to change in his repertoire based on their study of him, which he started using in the Cape. Wonder if this guy did the same. Good stable of arms in 2023. If more of them can throw strikes, Hawks will be in business.

Roster updates online with numbers for the newcomers. Also interesting that Brayden Frazier was back on while Snep and Link are no longer listed.

Want to add a note on Kirkwood transfer Chase Moseley. He is not allowed to participate in fall practice with Iowa, but will be allowed to join after. He is not injured and it is not an academic issue.

Has to do with transferring from Kirkwood to Mount Mercy. Played with Kirkwood and then transferred and played fall ball with Mount Mercy in 2021 and then transferred back to Kirkwood for the 2022 season.

Want to add a note on Kirkwood transfer Chase Moseley. He is not allowed to participate in fall practice with Iowa, but will be allowed to join after. He is not injured and it is not an academic issue.

Has to do with transferring from Kirkwood to Mount Mercy. Played with Kirkwood and then transferred and played fall ball with Mount Mercy in 2021 and then transferred back to Kirkwood for the 2022 season.
Update: he has been with the team and practicing. Just is not allowed to play in the three game against outside teams.

Reactions: whatsup13579er
Picking up tidbits about the schedule from other releases.

at Texas Tech March 10-12 (return trip for last year)

No Purdue or Illinois in Big Ten play.

Reactions: funnyfletcher
ADVERTISEMENT