ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Iowa Baseball

I’ve been waiting for an announcement from the team, but yes it does sound like Robin is headed to the MLB.

Big loss for the program. Very curious to see who they bring in. I’d guess Robin has some suggestions.

Man, I am a HUGE Robin fan and that hurts a bit. I know how popular he is with the players. However, congratulations to Robin, very happy for him! To go straight to the major league club house speaks to how good he is! Already heard some good things about Sean McGrath so looking forward to what he will bring to the team. Go Hawks!

Reactions: Hawkeyes4Life32
Ok. This is a loss many ways no doubt. But there were two sides to it.

Robin was amazing at the development stuff (technology, data, science, etc, etc). Some of the in game strategies including the mental approach with pitchers in the heat of the moment was a work in progress. Hopefully we see a pickup in the later area.

Reactions: whatsup13579er
Ok. This is a loss many ways no doubt. But there were two sides to it.

Robin was amazing at the development stuff (technology, data, science, etc, etc). Some of the in game strategies including the mental approach with pitchers in the heat of the moment was a work in progress. Hopefully we see a pickup in the later area.
It is amazing that Heller has now had multiple guys go directly from Iowa to MLB staffs. I believe the former Desi Druschel is assistant pitching coach for the Yankees. And the number of student managers they have had join the analytics staffs of MLB teams is quite impressive also.

Obvious that Heller makes it a good place to work and learn, and that he hires very good/smart people. McGrath appears to be a very good hire as replacement.

Reactions: 2bagger22
What was his role on the team last year? I've been a casual fan of Iowa baseball (thanks to not a lot of Iowa baseball on BTN/ESPN+), but I'm going to try to make more of an effort.
He’s been stuck behind other outfielders last year and that wasn’t going to change this year, so it’s really not a shock to see him go.

Reactions: Cougar63
ADVERTISEMENT