ADVERTISEMENT

2024-2025 Men's Basketball Roster (10 on scholarship)

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
You can have 13 on scholarship.

We only have 2 guards currently (Harding and Dix).

And Mulvey is not much of an option.

Current 2024-2025 Roster:

Freshmen: 2 players

6'7" PF Cooper Koch
6'8" PF Chris Tadjo

Sophomores: 4 players

6'10" C Owen Freeman
6'0" PG Brock Harding
6'7" PF Pryce Sandfort
6'8" PF Ladji Dembele

Juniors : 2 players

6'5" SG Josh Dix
6'11" C Riley Mulvey (***) -- on Nov 13, 2023 it was announced that Riley was redshirting the 2023-2024 season. He was originally scheduled to graduate in 2025.

Seniors: 2 players

6'7" F Payton Sandfort

6'9" F/C Even Brauns--a Belmont transfer and Iowa City (IC West High School) native. On May 8, 2023, Iowa officially announced that Even had signed with the Hawks. He had 2 years eligibility remaining at Iowa.

4 Notable Walk on players:

Freshmen: 1 player

Trey Buchanan—6’1, 175, combo guard, Westfield, IN (Westfield HS). On March 18, 2024, Trey announced that he was joining the Iowa program as a preferred walk-on. Trey is the son of Indiana Pacers GM Chad Buchanan.

Sophomores: 1 player

Spencer Hutchison-- 6'4 guard who prepped at The Episcopal School of Dallas, TX. On Sep 21, 2023, it was announced that Spencer had been added to the 2023-24 roster as a walk on. Spencer graduated high school in 2022. It appears he did not do anything for the 2022-2023 academic year and took a year off. It was reported that "he appears to have taken a gap year after his senior year of high school & enters the program as a 20-year-old redshirt freshman." He is scheduled to graduate in 2027.

Juniors: 1 player

Carter Kingsbury--a 2021 6'5", 230 lb shooting guard; on July 10, 2021, it was announced he would be joining the roster as a preferred walk on. Carter ended up redshirting the 2021-2022 season so he is now scheduled to graduate in 2026.

Seniors: 1 player

Luc Laketa--a 2021 6'6" wing/forward; on May 13, 2021, it was announced he would be joining the roster as a preferred walk on.

To me, I truly think we have only nine on Scholly. Brauns is a waste of a ship. Fran has a chance to make a difference with the portal. He should certainly offer Wilkens a scholarship. There are a lot of good players in the portal that won't need huge NIL $. We only have two guards so need a PG for sure. Will be interesting to see what happens.

To me, I truly think we have only nine on Scholly. Brauns is a waste of a ship. Fran has a chance to make a difference with the portal. He should certainly offer Wilkens a scholarship. There are a lot of good players in the portal that won't need huge NIL $. We only have two guards so need a PG for sure. Will be interesting to see what happens.
Means we have 8 on scholly cause Mulvey is a waste of a ship also

Reactions: Franisdaman

IMO, we only have 8 on scholarship based on what Mulvey & Brauns have shown

I don't think Fran has any choice; he needs to find at least 1 (hopefully 2) guards who aren't looking for hundreds of thousands in compensation

IMO, we only have 8 on scholarship based on what Mulvey & Brauns have shown

I don't think Fran has any choice; he needs to find at least 1 (hopefully 2) guards who aren't looking for hundreds of thousands in compensation

Fran needs to use his personal money to bring on a couple of guards if the swarm doesn't have the resources to help out. He got us in this predicament he should be the one to get us out of it.

• Love
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
tim-gunn-eww-gross.gif

if only that were within the rules

but, then again, not sure what the rules are anymore
I have to believe that schools are finding creative ways to get money to the NIL collectives. For example, if the school has an big dollar RFP, someone could discretely contact the responding vendors and ask them if they have considered donating to the collective. Yes, that is graft, but when the stakes are high....

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT