ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Iowa Commit Cody Fox Makes the Cut for New Rivals 250

Eliot Clough

HR All-American
Staff
Jan 11, 2023
iowa.rivals.com
2024 Iowa commit and four-star offensive guard Cody Fox once again finds himself in the newest edition of the Rivals 250. Where he ranks, other Iowa targets on the list, and more:

FREE

Last edited:
Keep the in state boys home and build that Oline. His film he looks pretty agile for a big kid, like his upside and that we got in on him real early. Now just got to keep him until signing day.

this post should be titled Fox drops again in Rivals 250, starting out at #73 all the way to #184 for a full 112 spots.
I don’t agree with you much but these titles are misleading. Same with Cooper Koch. It is interesting that the early commits always dive. Where as Brix will be top 25 if he holds out long enough (sarcasm).

Reactions: Bishop1971
I don’t agree with you much but these titles are misleading. Same with Cooper Koch. It is interesting that the early commits always dive. Where as Brix will be top 25 if he holds out long enough (sarcasm).
Brix after the publisher future cast to Oklahoma has jumped all the way from outside Rivals top 250 to #152, so you are on track about Brix, the Fan Future cast has him at 23% to ISU which is leading in the Fan's voting with 27 votes but it also shows him as being high on Nebraska and Oklahoma. he is now listed as the #1 player in the state of Iowa and the 9th best OL in the 2024 class.

this proves that rivals sucks up to the blue bloods, they can have him. he is not that impressive in the video's that I have seen. NO I will not change my opinion if he were to pick the Hawks,

IA may have dodged the proverable bullet here.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Honesty it’s irrelevant if player rises or drops especially after they commit. But the whole notion if a player commits to Iowa they always drop is a false narrative. Former mods dispelled this last year by posting all the guys who increased. Including kueter last year who was not in top 250 and ended up in the top 150. 2 years prior Nwankpa even jumped a few spots into top 20 nationally after he committed and graves moved up 20 spots in the final one. Yes it’s nice to say you have so many 4* or team ranks somewhere but end of the day especially for a developmental program like Iowa it’s not a non factor and yes I understand correlation more 4/5* makes it easier for more success on the field but there are limitations Iowa faces.

For Iowa guys, especially out of state, it kind of almost be good they don’t have a a huge jump in the rankings because then other big name schools come knocking on their door trying to flip them who initially weren’t recruiting them.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Honesty it’s irrelevant if player rises or drops especially after they commit. But the whole notion if a player commits to Iowa they always drop is a false narrative. Former mods dispelled this last year by posting all the guys who increased. Including kueter last year who was not in top 250 and ended up in the top 150. 2 years prior Nwankpa even jumped a few spots into top 20 nationally after he committed and graves moved up 20 spots in the final one. Yes it’s nice to say you have so many 4* or team ranks somewhere but end of the day especially for a developmental program like Iowa it’s not a non factor and yes I understand correlation more 4/5* makes it easier for more success on the field but there are limitations Iowa faces.

For Iowa guys, especially out of state, it kind of almost be good they don’t have a a huge jump in the rankings because then other big name schools come knocking on their door trying to flip them who initially weren’t recruiting them.
I disagree it’s completely irrelevant. A lot of these kids (right or wrongly) pay attention to it. Hell, half of them have their star ranking in their Twitter bio. A good example is Proctor. A lot of BS swirled there at the end but one thing I think was true is he saw himself as an outlier in the class and didn’t want to be the only blue chip guy.

Nwankpa dropped to finish at #25, the players that dropped out weigh the few that may have went up.. its even worse with the IA players,
quote from Bossi on Patrick
when he was a top 30 recruit, he needed a elite offer to justify that high ranking. well guess what no elite offer came because they knew it would be just a waste of time and money to recruit him and he dropped all the way to #75. like it or not that is a piss poor way to rank players.

Reactions: F5n5 and Bishop1971
Nwankpa dropped to finish at #25, the players that dropped out weigh the few that may have went up.. its even worse with the IA players,
when he was a top 30 recruit, he needed a elite offer to justify that high ranking. well guess what no elite offer came because they knew it would be just a waste of time and money to recruit him and he dropped all the way to #75. like it or not that is a piss poor way to rank players.
No Nwankpa didn’t. But End of the day 19 or 25 doesn’t matter in grand scheme of things. As for Patrick. Who cares ranked 30th or 300th he was going to play for his dad.

I disagree it’s completely irrelevant. A lot of these kids (right or wrongly) pay attention to it. Hell, half of them have their star ranking in their Twitter bio. A good example is Proctor. A lot of BS swirled there at the end but one thing I think was true is he saw himself as an outlier in the class and didn’t want to be the only blue chip guy.
Yes with players to 18 years olds it matters to their egos. But to schools and coaches it doesn’t matter what some guy working at rivals or 24/7 ranks them at as we’ve seen with Iowa staff.

Yes Procter is an outlier and I agree in rare cases like this it matter. Like i said with last part. With top 100 guys Iowa faces limitations compared to the big boys. Tough to compete against those top 10-12 who can make the case about playing with group of elite guys. Again an ego thing. That’s why I said with last part not worst thing in the world if Iowa guy after they commit if they don’t “blow up” where all of a sudden the bama and osu’s come calling. We’ve seen this more so for b-ball where Fran has been burnt by this by the blue bloods where Fran in on a guy early and blue bloods come in later on and swoop him up. Tyler ulis perfect example.

to those that state that stars don't matter. well guess what? if had more 4*'s IA might not have lost Proctor. or some these others. it also has a impact on rankings in the top 25.

this in turn affects recruiting, players want to play on teams with other higher rated players. so to those that say that * don't matter explain to me how teams that get top 5 recruiting class based on the players * ranking are the ones constantly competing for championships don't matter?

Which was closer? #30 or…….

to those that state that stars don't matter. well guess what? if had more 4*'s IA might not have lost Proctor. or some these others. it also has a impact on rankings in the top 25.

this in turn affects recruiting, players want to play on teams with other higher rated players. so to those that say that * don't matter explain to me how teams that get top 5 recruiting class based on the players * ranking are the ones constantly competing for championships don't matter?
Difference between star ratings and griping about players rising or dropping in the top 250. Iowa will always have their recruiting limitations unless they get a NIL booster like Elon musk. Rare cases like Procter sorry Iowa will never win that battle if player wants to play join elite talent when it comes to the top 10-15 schools year in and out of recruiting. But speaking of Procter it wasn’t just the players on incoming class it was more than 1 thing but don’t kid yourself if you don’t think BF’s anemic offense also factored. Which I find funny defenders like yourself say stats are for losers defending him but live and die by the subjective star rankings that matter nothing once a player steps foot on campus. And quote it 3-4 years later as if it matters when they are 21-22 yrs old vs 18 when they got it.

Lastly star rankings of recruiting classes have zero impact on top 25 rankings once the season begins.

True, but like all media driven narratives... it can alter perceptions, more so of programs than players.
True. Preseason can always have an effect on very few teams getting put in. But sometimes more so on recognition. Like how many times have we heard Texas is back. But by weeks 2-3 it has zero bearings and play on the field determines it.

True. Preseason can always have an effect on very few teams getting put in. But sometimes more so on recognition. Like how many times have we heard Texas is back. But by weeks 2-3 it has zero bearings and play on the field determines it.
No doubt.

I was thinking more about the recruiting angle. Recruits see that higher ranked guys always end up at (fill in your blue blood) and guys that fall to the other programs tend to have lower rankings. The rankings are massaged to some degree by these services to support that narrative.

Difference between star ratings and griping about players rising or dropping in the top 250. Iowa will always have their recruiting limitations unless they get a NIL booster like Elon musk. Rare cases like Procter sorry Iowa will never win that battle if player wants to play join elite talent when it comes to the top 10-15 schools year in and out of recruiting. But speaking of Procter it wasn’t just the players on incoming class it was more than 1 thing but don’t kid yourself if you don’t think BF’s anemic offense also factored. Which I find funny defenders like yourself say stats are for losers defending him but live and die by the subjective star rankings that matter nothing once a player steps foot on campus. And quote it 3-4 years later as if it matters when they are 21-22 yrs old vs 18 when they got it.

Lastly star rankings of recruiting classes have zero impact on top 25 rankings once the season begins.
why do you ignore his 1st 5 seasons when he did this
8-5
9-4 ranked #25
10-3 finished higher in the top 25 had TWO AA Drafted in the 1st Rnd on offense
he also had a OL drafted in the 1st rnd, here let me help Wirfs who could not even make Rivals top 250
6-2 covid shortened again finished higher in the top 25
10-4 won the BTWest and had OL Linderbaum who's ranking was a 5'6 3* by Rivals drafted into the NFL plus the team had its highest ranking of the 4 straight top 25 finish. with a #15 ranking in the CFB Poll at #15. don't give me this shit that it was Phil and Woods that did it all by their wittle selves with a bunch of Bull Shit.

no team can win 51 games strictly on defense and ST's alone, it takes a team effort to win that many games
OFFENSE
DEFENSE
SPECIAL TEAMS

why do you ignore his 1st 5 seasons when he did this
8-5
9-4 ranked #25
10-3 finished higher in the top 25 had TWO AA Drafted in the 1st Rnd on offense
he also had a OL drafted in the 1st rnd, here let me help Wirfs who could not even make Rivals top 250
6-2 covid shortened again finished higher in the top 25
10-4 won the BTWest and had OL Linderbaum who's ranking was a 5'6 3* by Rivals drafted into the NFL plus the team had its highest ranking of the 4 straight top 25 finish. with a #15 ranking in the CFB Poll at #15. don't give me this shit that it was Phil and Woods that did it all by their wittle selves with a bunch of Bull Shit.

no team can win 51 games strictly on defense and ST's alone, it takes a team effort to win that many games
OFFENSE
DEFENSE
SPECIAL TEAMS
Of course out of everything you take out of a post you go the route to stick up for BF. Way to deflect and go on a tangent on BF and ignore point on hand. I’m sure it took you a good half hr at least to type that up.

But if that’s the path you want to go down I’ll connect the two. Why would a 17-18 yr old recruit want to come play offense for a vanilla scheme that during the last 2 years, while recruiting them bear in mind, ranked 120th and 130th (2nd to dead last) in the nation. Not very appealing.

Last edited:
Of course out of everything you take out of a post you go the route to stick up for BF. Way to deflect and go on a tangent on BF and ignore point on hand. I’m sure it took you a good half hr at least to type that up.

But if that’s the path you want to go down I’ll connect the two. Why would a 17-18 yr old recruit want to come play offense for a vanilla scheme that during the last 2 years, while recruiting them near in mind, ranked 120th and 130th (2nd to dead last) in the nation. Not very appealing.
no but playing for a consistant top 25 team is, and having 4 straight top 25 teams is very attractive, even HS know that team have a bad year, look at LSU or USC, even Michigan was down for awhile.

yet posters like you act like 7-5 then 8-5 after the bowl game,

• Haha
Reactions: iahawkeyes17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT