ADVERTISEMENT

*****2024 OL/DL Bodey McCaslin Commits (6'5, 270)*****

MinorKeenAzurewingedmagpie-max-1mb.gif

Story by @Eliot Clough

Some excerpts:

"Iowa was one of the first schools to start recruiting me. I met Seth Wallace a long time ago -- around my sophomore year. I built a really good relationship with him along with Coach (George) Barnett. When I finally earned it and got the offer, it felt really good -- especially in person and getting to shake Coach (Kirk) Ferentz's hand. It was a special moment."

"Coach Barnett is a really genuine guy," he said. "If he feels a way about you or your game, he'll tell you. We have a good connection. It's a me-and-him relationship, and it's been built up through a year-long process."

"Coaches are the biggest factor in my decision," McCaslin added. "I do believe Coach Barnett will be there. He's an Iowa offensive line coach. He told me there aren't a lot of places that would take him because of the way he recruits and teaches -- he teaches Iowa football."

Last edited:
Nice ... very nice. Looks very athletic for his size. Great offer list with those 11 P5 schools. 2nd Ranked OT in the state of Illinois and playing against some great HS competition at St. Charles East.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Story by @Eliot Clough

Some excerpts:

"Iowa was one of the first schools to start recruiting me. I met Seth Wallace a long time ago -- around my sophomore year. I built a really good relationship with him along with Coach (George) Barnett. When I finally earned it and got the offer, it felt really good -- especially in person and getting to shake Coach (Kirk) Ferentz's hand. It was a special moment."

"Coach Barnett is a really genuine guy," he said. "If he feels a way about you or your game, he'll tell you. We have a good connection. It's a me-and-him relationship, and it's been built up through a year-long process."

"Coaches are the biggest factor in my decision," McCaslin added. "I do believe Coach Barnett will be there. He's an Iowa offensive line coach. He told me there aren't a lot of places that would take him because of the way he recruits and teaches -- he teaches Iowa football."

his quote about barnett is pasted below, i’m now curious about what barnett could’ve meant?

He told me there aren't a lot of places that would take him because of the way he recruits and teaches -- he teaches Iowa football”

his quote about barnett is pasted below, i’m now curious about what barnett could’ve meant?

He told me there aren't a lot of places that would take him because of the way he recruits and teaches -- he teaches Iowa football”
It's an odd quote that caught my eye also, certainly not flattering on first impression. I just assumed that McCaslin was trying to pay him a compliment (i,e, "old school" coach) but it came out wrong.

Reactions: desihawk
If his commitment is based on his relationship to Barnett and the OLine is still crap this season, the young man might never make it to IC.

Reactions: Niko13

It's an odd quote that caught my eye also, certainly not flattering on first impression. I just assumed that McCaslin was trying to pay him a compliment (i,e, "old school" coach) but it came out wrong.
We are talking about a quote from a teenager ... right? Such folks aren't always the clearest of communicators.

It very easily could have been interpreted that Barnett was actually telling him that he wasn't going to be going anywhere ... essentially because Iowa is a destination school for OL-coaching types because Kirk is considered a bit of an OL-guru.

Maybe it was that ... maybe it was Barnett being glib ... because of Iowa's O being perceived as a POS. Who knows.

All I am sure of is that it's not worthwhile to be reading too much into the quote.

I saw several crystal balls for Will Nolan to Iowa also. If Will comes on board and we could get Grant Brix, that would be a solid O-line class.
I’m wondering how many OL they take this year. I’d guess 5 since they only had 3 last after “redacted 2” bolted two days before signing day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT