ADVERTISEMENT

2024 single game ticket prices

The Iowa athletic dept needs to get creative and tell fans the ticket revenue is comprised of 75% to school and 25% is donation to Swarm.
School is getting the huge media payout already...Swarm needs the cash to keep the product attractive.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
The Iowa athletic dept needs to get creative and tell fans the ticket revenue is comprised of 75% to school and 25% is donation to Swarm.
School is getting the huge media payout already...Swarm needs the cash to keep the product attractive.
At the moment, that would be illegal per current rules.

Why would Troy be a night game?

The same reason the September 17, 2022, Nevada game was a night game. Games are all over the place now and the B1G has TV slots to fill. BTN will probably have a night game that night, and Troy at Iowa fits the bill.

11am is now Big Noon Saturday, so it is no longer where the worst games go. In fact, the worst games seem to go at 2:30 now. Last year's September 16th Western Michigan game was 2:30 on BTN. Rutgers 2:30 BTN. Illinois 2:30 FS1. Purdue 2:30 Peacock.

Last edited:
Reactions: dadster
I forgot that this year we'll see our full B1G schedule of 11am FOX, 2:30 CBS, and 7pm NBC. Makes the old rules even more meaningless. It will be interesting to see how they fill out the schedules.

They went on sale at 9:00 this morning(at which time I got a couple.) If they sold out in 5 hours, that would have been 2:00 this afternoon.
Did not know that. I just happened to check at what was still left available at that time. Assumed they had been for some time.

I forgot that this year we'll see our full B1G schedule of 11am FOX, 2:30 CBS, and 7pm NBC. Makes the old rules even more meaningless. It will be interesting to see how they fill out the schedules.
There are going to be a few weeks early in the season when the B1G will have 12-15 games to fit into one day. There's going to be a heck of a lot of FS1, BTN and Peacock broadcasts in the preseason, and it stands to reason that some of the "less appealing" games will be night games.

Reactions: Birky
Not to mention the West Coast B10 game kickoffs @ 9 to 9:30 PM CST.

I'm a cheap ass, I find it hard to justify paying $100+ for a single Iowa Football game ticket. I'll likely attend most of the home games this season with my son who will be in his last year as an Iowa student. He can usually get me a ticket from another U of I student for free or maybe a nominal amount of no more than $5-$20.

The old rules of what makes an 11:00 A.M. don't apply and hasn't applied for a while. The start time is secondary now. It's where it gets shown on. The Iowa game probably will be a BTN game. The start time could be any time. As we have seen with many games on the BTN.
With Fox doing BIG Noon Kickoff then CBS for 2:30 time and NBC For Primetime times really wont be etched in stone until 2 weeks before kickoff or less on most games.

Mainly has to do with weather in September versus November.
Nobody has said that yet in this thread, but yes, it’s a factor.

Also, Nebraska is not that good, as opposed to their belief, and it’s funny.

Nobody has said that yet in this thread, but yes, it’s a factor.

Also, Nebraska is not that good, as opposed to their belief, and it’s funny.
They should have set the Black Friday Nebraska game ticket prices the same as for ISU or Washington. The cornholer faithful would have snapped them up at any cost. I guess Beth and the Iowa athletic staff didn't want red and white to be the dominant colors in the stands on national tv.

They should have set the Black Friday Nebraska game ticket prices the same as for ISU or Washington. The cornholer faithful would have snapped them up at any cost. I guess Beth and the Iowa athletic staff didn't want red and white to be the dominant colors in the stands on national tv.
They should have made the tickets $5 million dollars. Then renovate the stadium with that sweet Husker money!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT