ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Will Be the Year We Figure Out EV Charging

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Since I mentioned trolls in another post, I figured I'd post something sure to get the conservative oil industry butt munchers in a tizzy...

P.S. Is CNET a libtard piece of garbage?

2024 Will Be the Year We Figure Out EV Charging​

Charging confusion and range anxiety made many Americans hesitant to adopt electric vehicles. But 2024 is shaping up to change that, with most automakers shifting to the same standard.

I think there was a breakthrough recently in developing fusion power. Unlimited free power with no emissions or waste, fueling the electric batteries of the future.

There will be no economic reason to stay black and dirty. A clean, green future.

Give Texas back to Mexico, tell the Mideast oil tycoon countries to go pound sand.

And conservatives will fight against it, tooth and nail.

Anybody fix the problem of how urban populations are supposed to charge their vehicles? Or is the plan still to have people running extensions from their wall outlets out the window, over the sidewalk, down or around the block, etc. to charge their cars?

Reactions: ericram
Anybody fix the problem of how urban populations are supposed to charge their vehicles? Or is the plan still to have people running extensions from their wall outlets out the window, over the sidewalk, down or around the block, etc. to charge their cars?
A classroom of high schoolers could spend ten minutes and come up with a list of realistic potential solutions to this seemingly insurmountable problem. Maybe I'll have my APES class do so on Monday and get back to you.

You know you don’t need to plug in daily. Depending on how much you drive you may not need to plug in for several days. In addition, more and more businesses will have chargers installed for both staff and customers in years ahead. In addition the improved solid state batteries charge much faster and hold far more energy which should surpass distance an EV can go over any ICE on the road. The next 5 years will see growth and shift.

Reactions: mthawkeyes
I think there was a breakthrough recently in developing fusion power. Unlimited free power with no emissions or waste, fueling the electric batteries of the future.

There will be no economic reason to stay black and dirty. A clean, green future.

Give Texas back to Mexico, tell the Mideast oil tycoon countries to go pound sand.

And conservatives will fight against it, tooth and nail.
I also think improvements in the efficiency of solar cells and storage capacity of batteries will make solar energy more widespread.

Reactions: Gimmered
A classroom of high schoolers could spend ten minutes and come up with a list of realistic potential solutions to this seemingly insurmountable problem. Maybe I'll have my APES class do so on Monday and get back to you.

I'm sure they'll get right to updating 19th century infrastructure, making it more convenient than filling up with gas as needed

Whats wrong with that?
ys4iagy812521.jpg

SIAP in another thread, but this article on wireless road charging is interesting.
Not that it is feasible in the near future for mass consumption, but it shows how some companies are thinking about the issues facing charging EVs.

In a demonstration for local lawmakers and media, Electreon drove a Ford E-Transit equipped with the receiver along the new road. We saw the charging rate reach as high as 19 kilowatts during the presentation—though only for a brief moment.

Car and Driver Wireless Charging Road

Reactions: drew_hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT