ADVERTISEMENT

2025 QB Commit Jimmy Sullivan can Fly

I'm not saying crap until I read Iowacoleslaws unhinged diatribe about him.

200w.gif

• Love
Reactions: Bishop-71
Trying to remember the last time one of those running QBs played any meaningful minutes.
Not sure about Iowas offensive scheming has evolved at all to benefit from these recruits and their supposed mobility. In fact I’d say the opposite; the offense has evolved not at all and in fact defaults to QBs KF and BF seem comfortable with; Tall statues that supposedly can sit in a pocket and hit TEs over the middle and throw out patterns. Our issue with scheme has been an ability for our OL to form a pocket, our QBs to throw accurate passes in a timely manner, our receivers inability to get space for a decent completion percentage and yardage gain.

Recent history doesn't suggest that Kirk shys away from running quarterbacks. We already have Marco Lainez in the program. James Resar coming in looks like a very good athlete. Booty the OU QB under consideration in the portal also looks he can run. Lester has said that it doesn't take a running QB to run his system but he sees mobility as an added bonus
Running QBs recruited? ok
Ability to actually create an offense to utilize said mobility? Nope

Reactions: dadster
None of them has started a game yet, but when one of them did play, he ran for about 50 yards in two series.

I suspect a couple of them will have positive rushing yards in the coming years.

If only Iowa were about to run a completely different offense going forward, we might find out, but alas, just more of Brian Ferentz’ offense. I wish they’d have fired him and hired somebody with a different philosophy.😔

• Haha
Reactions: Bishop-71
Why stay stuck in the past? The most mobile quarterbacks in the program Lainez and Resar coming in are both really young. I think things will look really different immediately with the RPO and the new offensive scheme let alone when the more mobile quarterbacks take the helm.

None of the QB's were even good enough to start yet design running plays for! I am sure of that.
Two of them aren’t even on campus yet, Hawkeye super fan.

This is a lesson in “never click on ignored posters.”

Clones or Huskers?

Reactions: LukaDuka
None of them has started a game yet, but when one of them did play, he ran for about 50 yards in two series.

I suspect a couple of them will have positive rushing yards in the coming years.

If only Iowa were about to run a completely different offense going forward, we might find out, but alas, just more of Brian Ferentz’ offense. I wish they’d have fired him and hired somebody with a different philosophy.😔
You mean it was all just a beautiful dream? Damn you Birky. Damn you!

Reactions: Birky
Why stay stuck in the past? The most mobile quarterbacks in the program Lainez and Resar coming in are both really young. I think things will look really different immediately with the RPO and the new offensive scheme let alone when the more mobile quarterbacks take the helm.
To be clear; I was referring to the past regimes. Hoping current regime knows how to utilize the parts and pieces they have.

Reactions: hawkeyemark18
  • Haha
Reactions: iowaathletes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT