ADVERTISEMENT

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
On NPR's "Marketplace" tonight there was a story about some company selling "climate change" maps that will show the climate change risk of any property in the country. These maps are supposed to be better than the FEMA maps we all know and love, because the FEMA maps don't take into account the threat of climate change. Models and algorithms crunch the numbers and show all the bad things that are going to happen to your property with colorful graphs and charts.

Anyway, the story featured this guy who bought a vacation home on a river. He's spent 3 years renovating it.

The map says that tidal flooding will swamp his house EVERY DAY by the year 2034, even though it's never happened in the three years he's owned it, and the FEMA map puts him in a low-risk flood zone because it's on a hill 100 yards from the riverbank.

I would LOVE to see if this map prediction comes true in 15 years. I bet it's horsehockey.

On NPR's "Marketplace" tonight there was a story about some company selling "climate change" maps that will show the climate change risk of any property in the country. These maps are supposed to be better than the FEMA maps we all know and love, because the FEMA maps don't take into account the threat of climate change. Models and algorithms crunch the numbers and show all the bad things that are going to happen to your property with colorful graphs and charts.

Anyway, the story featured this guy who bought a vacation home on a river. He's spent 3 years renovating it.

The map says that tidal flooding will swamp his house EVERY DAY by the year 2034, even though it's never happened in the three years he's owned it, and the FEMA map puts him in a low-risk flood zone because it's on a hill 100 yards from the riverbank.

I would LOVE to see if this map prediction comes true in 15 years. I bet it's horsehockey.
keep us informed and updated.

Of course you do. It's science and it's obvious that Mrs. Trad was ravaged over and over again by a scientist.

Reactions: JohnBasedow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT