ADVERTISEMENT

2Q GDP

2.8%

In an ongoing tradition, Fox News is disappointed it’s that good.
607dg7.gif

I thought we don't get to blame the president for a bad economy, so why does he deserve praise when certain numbers are positive? It's like gas prices right? The president doesn't have control over gas prices so he shouldn't take blame when it's almost $4.00 per gallon and he shouldn't be praised when they're under $3.00....

I thought we don't get to blame the president for a bad economy, so why does he deserve praise when certain numbers are positive? It's like gas prices right? The president doesn't have control over gas prices so he shouldn't take blame when it's almost $4.00 per gallon and he shouldn't be praised when they're under $3.00....
You're maga. We get it.

I thought we don't get to blame the president for a bad economy, so why does he deserve praise when certain numbers are positive?

You realize this site has a search function where we can see what you posted about Biden and inflation in the past, yes?

Here is you blaming Biden for inflation:

“Biden and the Dems created the problem, why is republican twatter responsible for cleaning up their mess?”

Seems to me that you blamed Biden for high inflation so you should credit him for lower inflation.

But I’m just spitballing here …

How much are gas prices affected by DEI?

You realize this site has a search function where we can see what you posted about Biden and inflation in the past, yes?

“Biden and the Dems created the problem, why is republican twatter responsible for cleaning up their mess?”

Seems to me that you blamed Biden for high inflation so you should credit him for lower inflation.

I thought this thread was about GDP not inflation? The inflation numbers are so complicated and rigged it's not like they are accurate. If you go grocery shopping today, it's not 3% higher than this day a year ago. It's just not.

Well, maybe we could just start in this instance with Fox News not immediately trying to downplay good economic news?

I mean, we both know why they’re doing what they’re doing…

Gets harder and harder for the Radical Right media to downplay positive economic news.

Waiting for the Trump campaign to twist this into a negative.

The trend has been good and that's the important thing to look at.

If Trump is elected and he actually enacts tariffs...look out.

Reactions: Torg
How much are gas prices affected by DEI?
Well "I've had a great relationship. In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking," Biden said.

So there's that anyway

I won't take this good news to heart until @Finance85 chimes in to downplay it, as usual. One of these updates is not official until he comes in to tell us all the things wrong with the report.
Could you please knock it off with the sarcasm about Finance 85. He has Finance in his username so he's obviously an expert on all of this stuff. If you read through his posts you can be assured of his acumen.

I thought this thread was about GDP not inflation? The inflation numbers are so complicated and rigged it's not like they are accurate. If you go grocery shopping today, it's not 3% higher than this day a year ago. It's just not.
So do you always question the numbers or only when your guy isn’t in office.

Food came in at 2.2% more in June 2024 vs. June 2023. https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2024/consumer-prices-up-3-0-percent-from-june-2023-to-june-2024.htm

You getting dunked on over and over again is hilarious.

Has the price of groceries increased 20% since Joe Biden became president?​

Yes.​

The price of groceries increased more than 20% during President Joe Biden’s first three years in office and exceeded wage growth.

The Consumer Price Index for “food at home” rose from 252.7 on Jan. 1, 2021, to 305 in December 2023 — an increase of 20.7%. The index for average hourly wages increased 14.7% — from 29.9 to 34.3.

During the first three years of President Donald Trump’s administration, the grocery index rose from 237 in January 2017 to 243 in December 2019 — an increase of 2.5%.

The wage index increased 9.1% — from 26 in January 2017 to 28.37 in December 2019.

This fact brief is responsive to conversations such as this one.

Sources

U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: Glossary : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

FRED (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis): January 2021 to December 2023: Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers: Food at Home in U.S. City Average

FRED (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis): January 2021 to December 2023: Average Hourly Earnings of All Employees, Total Private

FRED (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis): January 2017 to December 2019: Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers: Food at Home in U.S. City Average

FRED (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis): January 2017 to December 2019: Average Hourly Earnings of All Employees, Total Private

So yay for only 2.2% more than the 20% they've gone up.

You guys are so adorable.

Gets harder and harder for the Radical Right media to downplay positive economic news.

Waiting for the Trump campaign to twist this into a negative.

The trend has been good and that's the important thing to look at.

If Trump is elected and he actually enacts tariffs...look out.
It’s beyond clear, and has been, MAGAs don’t want positive economic news while Biden is in office. When we say they are literally rooting against the country it’s because they are literally rooting against the country.

Reactions: MitchLL

Yes.​

The price of groceries increased more than 20% during President Joe Biden’s first three years in office and exceeded wage growth.

The Consumer Price Index for “food at home” rose from 252.7 on Jan. 1, 2021, to 305 in December 2023 — an increase of 20.7%. The index for average hourly wages increased 14.7% — from 29.9 to 34.3.

During the first three years of President Donald Trump’s administration, the grocery index rose from 237 in January 2017 to 243 in December 2019 — an increase of 2.5%.

The wage index increased 9.1% — from 26 in January 2017 to 28.37 in December 2019.

Sources

FRED (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis): January 2021 to December 2023: Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers: Food at Home in U.S. City Average

FRED (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis): January 2021 to December 2023: Average Hourly Earnings of All Employees, Total Private

FRED (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis): January 2017 to December 2019: Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers: Food at Home in U.S. City Average

FRED (Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis): January 2017 to December 2019: Average Hourly Earnings of All Employees, Total Private

We have also explained to you and Katie Porter got this admitted, under oath, that half of those increases are price gouging, hence the record corporate profits. THEY are the ones screwing us, not Biden. Learn.

We have also explained to you and Katie Porter got this admitted, under oath, that half of those increases are price gouging, hence the record corporate profits. THEY are the ones screwing us, not Biden. Learn.
Yes, we know Joe has 0 accountability, which is why he gets 0 credit.

Reactions: SIXERS24

Yes.​

Sources

And now do the other side of the equation - the increase in wages.

You cant just say prices went up without looking at wages.

Yeah, why does Fux present it the way they do then?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT