ADVERTISEMENT

3....2.....1....blastoff!

They can do whatever they want....
Damn FOMO is getting me. Trying to decide if I want to do the single donation or monthly. And if I want to wait until Monday when my billing cycle rolls over 😂.
I think I went with yearly a couple months back. I wasn’t totally certain it was all going to come together or that it was a good use of my money, but it seems that it is working. Figured I’d take a chance on it knowing it couldn’t work if I didn’t give it a shot.

I love this get...awesome. Looking at highlights...looks like Cade is in mostly in shotgun. Will he be comfortable under center or does the offense change to accommodate? Please don't kill me for even bringing this up...just curious what you all think.

Michigan does run some things (not a ton) under center, so I would assume Cade will be just fine. Hopefully we are transition to more of the Michigan model of offense anywhere where we will operate more out of shotgun ourselves, and look more like current day NFL offenses instead of looking like 2000 NFL offenses.

Michigan does run some things (not a ton) under center, so I would assume Cade will be just fine. Hopefully we are transition to more of the Michigan model of offense anywhere where we will operate more out of shotgun ourselves, and look more like current day NFL offenses instead of looking like 2000 NFL offenses.
If Iowa fans are thinking they are getting a guy that’s going to throw for 250 yards n 3 td every game Cade isn’t that guy. Go cheer for Purdue….Looking at his stats from last year, big ten championship game n play-off game from last year he didn’t put up big stats. The kid is a good qb who will make the throws that he needs to and keep the chains going. I just hope after the first few games Iowa fans don’t come down on the kid because they want him to put up huge numbers. I could be wrong but I don’t think that’s what we are getting? Tom? And maybe I will be wrong too but just looking at his numbers that’s not who he is and I’m totally fine w that. Hopefully Iowa fans are too. Give the ball to KJ and let Cade make the throws down field when needed.

If Iowa fans are thinking they are getting a guy that’s going to throw for 250 yards n 3 td every game Cade isn’t that guy. Go cheer for Purdue….Looking at his stats from last year, big ten championship game n play-off game from last year he didn’t put up big stats. The kid is a good qb who will make the throws that he needs to and keep the chains going. I just hope after the first few games Iowa fans don’t come down on the kid because they want him to put up huge numbers. I could be wrong but I don’t think that’s what we are getting? Tom? And maybe I will be wrong too but just looking at his numbers that’s not who he is and I’m totally fine w that. Hopefully Iowa fans are too. Give the ball to KJ and let Cade make the throws down field when needed.

Nobody thinks Iowa is going to become a 300 YPG passing team. Most Iowa fans will be more than happy to get back to the level of QB play had grown accustomed to in Tate, Stanzi, Rudock, CJ, Stanley. All of those guys were either drafted/cup of coffee in the NFL/Canada.

507 total SWARM members now. 154 new members since Cade’s announcement last night! Boom!

Now we need to get to 1000.
Will you be posting something on your Facebook swarm page ? Possibly referencing the cade announcement. Members can share your post referencing how we are proud swarm members. We need to flood fb to get some the word out. I still feel like if you are not on hawkeyereport most fans don’t know much about it.

I'm oversimplifying but:

Year 1: $3 million
Year 2: $6 million
Year 3: $10 million
After $12 million, depending upon the landscape, possibly add an additional sport.

I would prefer to get to $6 million THIS year, however....in fact, we really need to in order to compete.
Pay Me GIF

• Sad
Reactions: BXY
@Tx_Hawk Any way to add a $50 a month option. I wouldn't even care if it came with any extra benefits than the $20 a month option. I know I can do a one time donation, but would rather just have $50 a month taken out. In my mind there is a big gap between the $20 and $100 option for a lot of fans.

Accuracy, ability to throw on the run, pocket presence with ability to escape pressure and look off a receiver. That's all. I'll take a healthy CJB. That's all.

We need Holden, TeSlaa, maybe another wr, Arlen Harris, Loveland, 2 ol guys and the Fiske guy. Not too much to ask for right?:)

This isnt meant to derail the thread, just a quick point...

While I agree with your sentiment about expectation setting, it is crazy that 250+ yard, 3 tds would be considered some mythical accomplishment for an Iowa QB. Youre not wrong in that it would be a great game, but I think it speaks to how low the bar has gotten for Iowa fans if THOSE are the metrics we are using. To put it into perspective:

250+ passing yard games 2020-2022
3 (284 high)

3+ TD games
2 (3 high)

250+ passing yard games 2017-2019
14 (338 high, 5 over 300)

3+ TD games
10 (5 high)

Obviously this is mostly a Petras v Stanley comparison, but this isnt meant to shit on Spencer. Rather, this is to point out what we saw with Stanley is much more comparible to what we are used to seeing, as opposed to the Spencer years. So while, yes, we probably wont see big 300+, 3TD+ games every single week with Cade, we should absolutely expect a sizable bump up from what we have seen the last 3 seasons.

Last edited:
This is great and I'm going to be pulling the trigger soon on an annual membership instead of my onetime donation...

Question I've been wondering about for @Tx_Hawk, has there been a change with using NIL funds in terms of making sure the guys on the team already have funds available before using NIL for transfers and recruiting? Maybe I misinterpreted things previously and not viewing this potential change as a negative.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT