ADVERTISEMENT

37 Hawkeye & Cyclone players/athletes are now part of Federal Lawsuit

Franisdaman

HB King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
the full text of the tweet:

11 more current and former Cyclones and Hawkeyes join federal lawsuit over sports gambling, bringing total to 37.

The athletes allege a violation of their constitutional rights and that law enforcement officers did not intervene to stop violations that they knew were occurring by fellow officers.

The plaintiffs asked for and have been given authority to join the suit brought by Eyioma Uwazurike, via Sandy Law Firm and Palmer Perlstein.

The full story from yesterday:

The related tweet:

I hope they sue their pants off.
And get compensated for lost NIL money too! Now NCAA athletes are businesses and have a worth then should seek lost revenues etc. My point is that the new NIL environment makes the damages so much higher than if this happened 5 years ago, where it would have been simply a loss of eligibility....

Reactions: el dub
I hope they sue their pants off.
And get compensated for lost NIL money too! Now NCAA athletes are businesses and have a worth then should seek lost revenues etc. My point is that the new NIL environment makes the damages so much higher than if this happened 5 years ago, where it would have been simply a loss of eligibility....

The damage done should garner a NET PAY (after the lawyers' cut) of at least $1M per individual, imo.

Hell, a jury might award much, much more (when you add in punitive damages).

I hope all 37 individuals end up set for life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT