ADVERTISEMENT

3rd down and 93 yards

I can't believe that's ever happened in the history of football.

I don't remember the year, but Michigan State punted on 4th and goal in a bowl game against Bama. They had a penalty and a couple of losses, IIRC, and punted from around midfield. Kirk Cousins was on the MSU team that year.

I haven't heard of anything resembling 80-90 yards to go, though.

I'm not sure that play made Miss. State look all that good either.

Look at the 7 second mark all the way to the 14 second mark and explain to me how in the world Mississippi State did not recover that football.

At one point there was 6 white shirts in the frame and only 1 blue shirt.

In fact the 3rd and 93 was more a result of them stupidly kicking the football back instead of picking it up then it was the result of LA tech's stupidity. LA tech's stupidity was pretty much limited to the bad snap. Then it was 7 straight seconds of Miss. State looking stupid before a blue shirt mercifully fell on the ball at the other end of the field to end the ridiculousness.

Reactions: naturalmwa
I'm not sure that play made Miss. State look all that good either.

Look at the 7 second mark all the way to the 14 second mark and explain to me how in the world Mississippi State did not recover that football.

At one point there was 6 white shirts in the frame and only 1 blue shirt.

In fact the 3rd and 93 was more a result of them stupidly kicking the football back instead of picking it up then it was the result of LA tech's stupidity. LA tech's stupidity was pretty much limited to the bad snap. Then it was 7 straight seconds of Miss. State looking stupid before a blue shirt mercifully fell on the ball at the other end of the field to end the ridiculousness.

They were all greedy, and wanted to run it back for a TD.
Any one of them could have fallen on the ball for a recovery. That's the risk you take when you get greedy....

What would of been funny was a Defensive penalty, Ever seen a team go from 3rd and goal to first down?

PI on 3 and goal to move the ball from the 7 to the 17? That would have been even better than the 3rd and goal from your own 7. Go from 2nd and goal from the 7 to 1st and 10 from inside your own 20.

PI on 3 and goal to move the ball from the 7 to the 17? That would have been even better than the 3rd and goal from your own 7. Go from 2nd and goal from the 7 to 1st and 10 from inside your own 20.

Now THAT would've been amusing....after a 2nd or 3rd and goal, to 1st and 10 for a holding or PI penalty.

Not sure I ever HAVE seen that occur - a Nth and goal, converted to a 1st and 10, vs just another 1st and goal.

They were all greedy, and wanted to run it back for a TD.
Any one of them could have fallen on the ball for a recovery. That's the risk you take when you get greedy....

Also didn't communicate on who should pick it up. All of them trying to pick it up at the same time. One of them should have gone and picked it up and there rest should have just turned around and blocked the blue shirts so it could happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT