ADVERTISEMENT

43 carries

nu2u

HB Legend
Aug 10, 2006
means 42 tackles....... which included a number of gang tackles, a few bone rattlers, and a couple of backfield pancakes, not to mention pocket blocking, blitz pick-ups, clothes-lines, blind-side shoves, horse collars, ankle twisters, and other permitted violence incident to the running back position.

Is Canzeri in a body cast this morning? If he is walking, I'm guessing a full day of Ice baths and anti-inflammatories.

But seriously, kudos to JC for a Herculian and record setting performance yesterday. His long TD run was crucial and he was determined to lead the team to a score during that crucial 4th Q drive. One of the best single game performances in the Ferentz era. He's making an early case for all-B10.

Reactions: Hwkfn1 and ichawk24
means 43 tackles....... which included a number of gang tackles, a few bone rattlers, and a couple of backfield pancakes, not to mention pocket blocking, blitz pick-ups, clothes-lines, blind-side shoves, horse collars, ankle twisters, and other permitted violence incident to the running back position.

Is Canzeri in a body cast this morning? If he is walking, I'm guessing a full day of Ice baths and anti-inflammatories.

But seriously, Kudos to JC for a Herculian and record setting performance yesterday. His long TD run was crucial and he was determined to lead the team to a score during that crucial 4th Q drive. One of the best single game performances in the Ferentz era. He's making an early case for all-B10.
He for damn sure is. Nothing else needs to be said.

Ran out of bounds. Down to 37.

A great day by Canzeri. Having a story book senior season where his health, opportunity and team results are all coming together.

KF said in interview after game he doesn't believe in a "pitch count" on monitoring how many carries his RBs get. Showed for sure yesterday. Hopefully Daniels will be back for some carries next week

Speaking of clotheslines, HOW WAS THAT A LEGAL TACKLE? At the very least, I'd say it was a face mask, as he tackled the kid by the face mask even if he didn't necessarily grab it a yank. It was surely a blow to the head, in any case. Whatever the case, I don't see how it wasn't flagged.

Maybe there's a loophole in the rules that allows that kind of thing. If so, it needs to be closed. That was a dangerous tackle that could have done serious harm to Canzeri. Yes, I realize football is a violent sport and all, but there are rules in place to prevent serious harm as much as possible, and there needs to be a rule against hauling off and smacking a ballcarrier in the face mask if there isn't one already.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT