ADVERTISEMENT

5 Iowa HS baseball programs suspend seasons for 14 days due to positive covid-19 cases

The lack of information is what is ultimately perpetuating this idea that they have to shut down because kids tested positive for Covid.

A year from now, if there is no vaccine yet, and we're still in the same boat of shutting down because someone gets sick, then it's either because A. the virus mutated and got worse, or B. we as a society are still as frightened as ever by our own f***ing shadow.

Iowa High School baseball and softball will be a litmus test to see what can happen with sports in the fall. The players are being scanned and tested on a daily basis. Being asked to socially distance and wear masks in and out of their practices/games. Yes, some schools have had to halt their season for the required 14 days. For some of the local teams, it was due to either a coach or parent of a player was the source that was positive. Just got to keep working through this in order to have any kind of sports in the fall.

Iowa High School baseball and softball will be a litmus test to see what can happen with sports in the fall. The players are being scanned and tested on a daily basis. Being asked to socially distance and wear masks in and out of their practices/games. Yes, some schools have had to halt their season for the required 14 days. For some of the local teams, it was due to either a coach or parent of a player was the source that was positive. Just got to keep working through this in order to have any kind of sports in the fall.
It's the winter that I fear for considering that's the worst time for the trafficking of illnesses......

Reactions: GOHOX69
This won’t be an issue by spring. People will realize you isolate those that test positive and the rest move on with life.

either that or every college in the country better be prepared to lay-off about 50% of their employees

Right now I know of some schools planning to shut for 2 weeks if just one kid in the school tests positive. The whole school.

And the problem with this is that as soon as school shuts down, kids do not socially distance. Completely defies the point of shutting school down.

Yup. It’s just stupid. The young kids learn nothing via online. You can’t even enforce it since internet access isn’t a given for everybody.

In Iowa City, students will be required to learn from home.

And the problem with this is that as soon as school shuts down, kids do not socially distance. Completely defies the point of shutting school down.

I work at a school in Iowa that did required online learning and our administration and counselors busted their rear ends to make sure everybody had access to devices and internet. Verizon and US Cellular donated hot spots. I had 100% participation, some just participated more than others. It worked out very well!

Hoping we have sports in the fall, but I definitely don't think school is going to look the same.

so the poors get printed assignments? No access to lecture. Sounds awesome. And the little kids get zero social development. Future looks bright. Good thing there is a movement to get rid of ACT/SAT. The scores will be horrible

This won’t be an issue by spring. People will realize you isolate those that test positive and the rest move on with life.

sorry buddy but you're giving WAY too much credit to people. Most ppl just blindly believe whatever the news media tells them to believe. This covid19 hoax will go on for years or maybe even indefinitely if the media (or rather the people who own the media companies) want it to.

Reactions: Legs94
so the poors get printed assignments? No access to lecture. Sounds awesome. And the little kids get zero social development. Future looks bright. Good thing there is a movement to get rid of ACT/SAT. The scores will be horrible

Testing is a huge problem in schools. It is what drives everything. ACT/ SAT are a false measuring stick.

Talking about all of this now does nothing. Things can and will change. Day by day is the only way to live right now. Which i think is great for people

I work at a school in Iowa that did required online learning and our administration and counselors busted their rear ends to make sure everybody had access to devices and internet. Verizon and US Cellular donated hot spots. I had 100% participation, some just participated more than others. It worked out very well!

Hoping we have sports in the fall, but I definitely don't think school is going to look the same.

That is awesome! I had voluntary and had about 10% participation. They liked to do social zooms with me but no work.

No. The school district has put in mobile hot spots all over areas that need them and even gave some modems to families. The school district has done everything they can to provide access. Also, yes, all kids have a device issued through school.

Testing is a huge problem in schools. It is what drives everything. ACT/ SAT are a false measuring stick.
Excuse me if I want my doctor or airplane designer to get good grades and pass tests.

I will take that over no tests and good intentions.

sorry buddy but you're giving WAY too much credit to people. Most ppl just blindly believe whatever the news media tells them to believe. This covid19 hoax will go on for years or maybe even indefinitely if the media (or rather the people who own the media companies) want it to.
it depends who is President. If Trump is reelected, we will live with this "virus" for 4 more years. If not, then it will fade away magically. Or some miracle cure or treatment will be developed. Im not a Trump fan either, but I'm not willing to burn the world to get him out. But it appears many out there are.

The problem we have is that every organization is playing CYA with their legal departments. If you think any of them are primarily concerned about employee/participant/student health, you are dreaming. They are worried about getting sued and/or Twitter mobbed. That is it.

Look at the behavior of the general public. In the last week I've been to retail stores, baseball games, swimming pools, a wedding and a reception. NOBODY is social distancing or behaving any differently than they did a year ago, aside from a select few that wore a mask. Much, if not most of the public has moved on. Find the level of risk you yourself are comfortable taking then act accordingly. The quicker we can get protections from lawsuits in place, the quicker we can move on from this nightmare.

No. The school district has put in mobile hot spots all over areas that need them and even gave some modems to families. The school district has done everything they can to provide access. Also, yes, all kids have a device issued through school.
Do you think 5-8 year olds will sit all day infront of a computer? I dont think so!

It is not a hoax.
Was H1N1? Emanated in Mexico. No Border Closing. No Social Distancing. No Masks. Bogus Vaccine. No stoppage of sports at any level. Schools closed on their own. Where was the CDC then? What was Fauci doing at that time?

Reactions: Legs94
You can bring a horse to water, but can't force them to drink.

a92c0110fcdb7a473af759ddbc8d6479.jpg

Was H1N1? Emanated in Mexico. No Border Closing. No Social Distancing. No Masks. Bogus Vaccine. No stoppage of sports at any level. Schools closed on their own. Where was the CDC then? What was Fauci doing at that time?
My point exactly. Election year, a crazy president that the media and many others in power want out. This is the craziest response I've ever seen to something we've actually kind of been through before.

The problem we have is that every organization is playing CYA with their legal departments. If you think any of them are primarily concerned about employee/participant/student health, you are dreaming. They are worried about getting sued and/or Twitter mobbed. That is it.

Look at the behavior of the general public. In the last week I've been to retail stores, baseball games, swimming pools, a wedding and a reception. NOBODY is social distancing or behaving any differently than they did a year ago, aside from a select few that wore a mask. Much, if not most of the public has moved on. Find the level of risk you yourself are comfortable taking then act accordingly. The quicker we can get protections from lawsuits in place, the quicker we can move on from this nightmare.
The behavior you're seeing in public is a subset of the population who are choosing to act that way and thus be in public. There are many who aren't out in public and thus aren't visible for you to evaluate their behavior. Your sample is significantly biased.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious

My employer is keeping us all at home until there's a vaccine because they realize the operational risk of a large outbreak in their workforce. Nothing to do with any legal protections.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT