ADVERTISEMENT

7, 6, 5 or 4 seed in BTT (Mens)

Packer54

HR All-American
Mar 30, 2014
Crazy.....down to the last set of games in the regular season and all of these seeds are up for grabs for the Mens team for the BTT.

- Lose to Illinois and we are a 7 seed (Could not run a scenario that gave e anything different than that)
- Beat Illinois and we are no worse than a 6, with 5 and 4 possible

The 4 seed scenario is:
- Iowa wins
- the following teams win (Minn/Indiana/Neb/Maryland/Purdue/OSU).
- OR Iowa wins along with NW/MSU/Mich/Maryland/Pur/OSU

A few opportunities of a 5 as well.....of course it all starts with beating Illinois.

This could be the one season where we don’t want a double bye, as strange as that is to say. Perhaps the Hawks need two more wins, though beating Illinois does pad the resume.
I kind of agree.....a 6 might be a good spot. A 5 puts you on the same side as Purdue. A 7 puts you right up against Illinois if you win your first game.

What about the 3 seed? Is that possible? They could tie for 3rd. They'd have head to heads on all but wisconsin, which was a split. The more teams involved the tie breakers get more complicated. Of course you'd have to root against Wisconsin Michigan state and nebraska, but I think I can find a way to be ok with that :)

What about the 3 seed? Is that possible? They could tie for 3rd. They'd have head to heads on all but wisconsin, which was a split. The more teams involved the tie breakers get more complicated. Of course you'd have to root against Wisconsin Michigan state and nebraska, but I think I can find a way to be ok with that :)
WOW...you are right. A 3 seed IS possible.
Following would need to win:
- Iowa, Minnesota, Michigan, Purdue need to win (Would not matter who wins the MSU/Indiana game)

Wild stuff

So we lose and we’re locked in at the 7.

That means if we win our first game we get yet another rematch against Illinois.

What do we think our chances are if we beat Illinois in that scenario? Does that put us in, or do we need to win the semifinal (which would be a very winnable game)?

Reactions: Mohawkeye
So we lose and we’re locked in at the 7.

That means if we win our first game we get yet another rematch against Illinois.

What do we think our chances are if we beat Illinois in that scenario? Does that put us in, or do we need to win the semifinal (which would be a very winnable game)?
yes....I am not seeing a scenario where we lose and can land a 6 so win the opener THEN beat Illinois and probably have to win the next one as well.

This gets SO much easier if the boys win Sunday!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT