ADVERTISEMENT

7 seed (updated)

Thanks. I tend to believe Lunardi and Palms. Especially since we've reached Selection Sunday.

Not to bad...enjoying a comfortable day knowing we are not on the bubble.

That SDSU loss was huge. A win against PSU would've made today even more enjoyable, but people need to remember our games don't happen in a vacuum - seeding is impacted by others winning and losing as much as us.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by icparkerhawk:
That SDSU loss was huge. A win against PSU would've made today even more enjoyable, but people need to remember our games don't happen in a vacuum - seeding is impacted by others winning and losing as much as us.

Yes. Don't hear too many people wishing we were UCLA or Illinois right now.
smile.r191677.gif

Shall we play this matchup game now?

According to Lunardi...

My ranking of 10 seeds I'd want Iowa to face:
1. Georgia (all day everyday yes please)
2. BYU (as currently sits)
3. Davidson
-. Purdue

My ranking of 2 seeds I'd want Iowa to face:
1. Gonzaga
2. Arizona
3. Kansas
4. UVA

What makes everyone think that we are going to make it to the 2nd round? I think what happened in the big 10 tourney is a sign of things to come.

Originally posted by mick82:
What makes everyone think that we are going to make it to the 2nd round? I think what happened in the big 10 tourney is a sign of things to come.
Is there any point to your negativity? Do you think it adds to the conversation in any productive way? Does it cream your twinkie to piss in others' cheerios?

These are things I want you to think about before you post from now on.

I think fans are allowed to look ahead to the possibility of winning a game. Just relax dude. I think the hawks have a good shot of beating a 10 seed. They played one bad game in their last 7, so I think they will be fine

The hawks are 8 and 6 in there last 14 games. Not overly confident that they'll get thru the first round. If jok can get going early 8 to 10 points in first half I think we win. Because right now were not going to win it in the post. Somebody needs to hit the 3. The 3 point shot is the main problem for the hawks more than the point or center. If we had 2 guys that weren t scared to shoot it and that could actually make some. I say to my self every game 6 to 8 times why didn t he turn and shoot

LOL!!! There is no end to it!

We lost our last game......
...but we won six of the last seven.....
....but we're only 8 and 6......

Thank God total strangers are seeding us or I doubt we'd even get an invite!!!!!!!
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by wyohawk:
Shall we play this matchup game now?

According to Lunardi...

My ranking of 10 seeds I'd want Iowa to face:

1. Georgia (all day everyday yes please)

2. BYU (as currently sits)

3. Davidson

-. Purdue

My ranking of 2 seeds I'd want Iowa to face:
1. Gonzaga
2. Arizona
3. Kansas
4. UVA

This is pretty much right on. The only difference of opinion would be that I would put Kansas at number two and Arizona at three.

Originally posted by DanL53:

LOL!!!  There is no end to it! 

We lost our last game......
...but we won six of the last seven.....
....but we're only 8 and 6......

Thank God total strangers are seeding us or I doubt we'd even get an invite!!!!!!! 
laugh.r191677.gif

Agreed nothing like picking and choosing numbers.

Jok is probably more of a key then it seems. Most of those 6 wins he started us off well with a 5-8pt spurt early. It obviously helps him play better defense, etc. once he's made an impact such as that. Of course Olaseni also is just as important off the bench. When those two guys have an impact Iowa usually wins.

IA is also 8-3 their last 11 games. winning 2 then winning 6 then losing 1 but hey if that is posted then the negative nancy's wouldn't know what to do as all they casn do is post the worst of the team, but in the end IA was 12-6 and finished in a tie for 3rd in the BT, no way to spin that into their negative world.
laugh.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT