ADVERTISEMENT

'72 top 81 songs

THE_DEVIL

HB King
Aug 16, 2005
Hell, Michigan
www.livecoinwatch.com
456537654_529908869700158_379263351256726622_n.jpg

Brandy - Looking Glass is a classic. Underrated Karaoke song.
Love me some Bill Withers & Temptations
Lots of great bands in there with Chicago, 3 Dog Night and the Hollies.
Looking Glass ended up hating Brandy because of the attention they got as a one hit wonder. csb/

That was his only song to hit #1 on the pop charts (he had a couple that reached #1 on the R&B list)

It has huge play time at the time - but the radio version was less than half as long as the version he would do live. I had the London Sessions album and I just looked it up; it was over eleven minutes long.

Reactions: h-hawk
Layla was released in 1970 but it took the song two years to "become the national anthem" as one writer called it.
It would take another 2 years for Slowhand to overcome his heroin addiction and record 461 Ocean Blvd. It contained the monster hit cover of I Shot the Sheriff. (I prefer several of the other songs like Please Be With Me, Mainline Florida and Motherless Children.)

That list contains 7-year-old Hawkeyeandy's first two vinyl purchases: the 45 of Crocodile Rock and the LP American Pie.

Nice.

Brandy - And she works laying whiskey down is one of the best lyrics ever

Layla
Let’s Stay Together
Heart of Gold

Anyone else tired of American Pie? When I was younger in the 1990s I thought it was good but over time it does nothing for me. I know Don is reflecting on losing his heros.
Song is just blah to me.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT