ADVERTISEMENT

What’s a band or musical artist that is highly regarded but bores you?

Steely Dan first and foremost. They are revered by musicians and I can't stand them.

The Doobie Brothers and Allman Brothers 2nd and 3rd.

Toto 4th.

Dentist office / yacht rock. puke

Reactions: Thunderlips71
Also I forgot Beyonce. I don't hate her but she doesn't write any of her own songs. As far as I know she doesn't play an instrument. She also in my opinion does not have some angelic or generational voice.

I'm never impressed when I see her perform or hear a song by her.

Steely Dan
Dave Matthew's Band

Loop Trump GIF

Steely Dan has some good shit.

I agree on Dave Matthews.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
I know everyone loves it but I don't see the over the top love fest with Hotel California... love the eagles, they have a great music catalog.

I was in Right Field. You get rained on also?

I was there as well. Great show but I hate when bands put no effort into their tour and play the exact same set list EVERY night. Exact same talk between every song etc. Come on Dave you’re better than that. I bet Taylor Swift even changes up a few songs.

I was there as well. Great show but I hate when bands put no effort into their tour and play the exact same set list EVERY night. Exact same talk between every song etc. Come on Dave you’re better than that. I bet Taylor Swift even changes up a few songs.
I was hoping for Rope or DOA for a switch up but I was just haply to see them. 1st time about 5 years ago I had to sell the tix because of a funeral. 2nd time I bought tickets I bought em on my lunch break then Taylor Hawkins died that night. I was scsred the lightning was gonna cancel my 3rd attempt

Reactions: rivalhawks
Yep, got a little wet. 1st base side in the stands. I was yelling "Leopold!" ...didn't ya hear me?

Grohl earned my undying respect the night he fell of the stage, broke his leg and came back to finish the concert. Dude truly loves what he does and it comes through.
Dude is wild. Has the energy of my 6 year old.

Reactions: BonzoFury
Beatles.
Zeppelin.

I acknowledge their talent and influence, but I quickly change the channel from most of the songs from either.

I was hoping for Rope or DOA for a switch up but I was just haply to see them. 1st time about 5 years ago I had to sell the tix because of a funeral. 2nd time I bought tickets I bought em on my lunch break then Taylor Hawkins died that night. I was scsred the lightning was gonna cancel my 3rd attempt

My first time seeing them was at First Ave in 2002. We were directly above the stage to the side in the balcony. Dave climbed up the speaker stacks on the stage and over the railing right where we were standing and jammed on his guitar right next to us. Was awesome!

Reactions: ButtersHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT