ADVERTISEMENT

8 Big Ten teams in the AP top 25 poll

Yet, only Mary Land in the top 15. B1G has been such a grind that it is going to have a bunch of 5- through 9-seeds that probably would have been a level or two higher in less competitive conferences (or at least that is what I have seen, although you would think the higher level of competition would have just the opposite). It will be interesting to see how many B1G teams go to the Sweet 16 or beyond. That is much harder to accomplish if you are a 7-9 seed.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Yet, only Mary Land in the top 15. B1G has been such a grind that it is going to have a bunch of 5- through 9-seeds that probably would have been a level or two higher in less competitive conferences (or at least that is what I have seen, although you would think the higher level of competition would have just the opposite). It will be interesting to see how many B1G teams go to the Sweet 16 or beyond. That is much harder to accomplish if you are a 7-9 seed.
Seton hall is 2-4 vs p5 teams and 1-2 vs b1g yet they are ranked ahead all b1g teams and all but 2 p5 teams. :)

Yes I realize the east is good, but still makes zero sense....

Reactions: BBHawk
Seton hall is 2-4 vs p5 teams and 1-2 vs b1g yet they are ranked ahead all b1g teams and all but 2 p5 teams. :)

Yes I realize the east is good, but still makes zero sense....
I believe that there has been and east coast bias in NCAA seeding for a LONG time.

Reactions: blhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT