ADVERTISEMENT

A chance to punch our Most Hated Rival right in the lug nuts

paladinhawk

HR Legend
Feb 4, 2004
Here's hoping the Hawks open a extra large can of whoop ass tomorrow night. Purdue has a NET ranking of 35 and is ranked 25 by KenPom. Could easily be closer than I'd like.

Hopefully they don't repeat their sizzling 3 point shooting

I hated watching all those Purdue 3pt shots go down in 1st game. They probably won't shoot as well, but the might bring their defense which did good job on JoeW and Fredrick.

Jeez how old are you people who don’t understand Purdue is our most hated rival? 4?
I'm older than dirt, but remember like it was yesterday when Iowa beat Rick Mount led PU for the BIG TEN Championship in 1970. The score was something like 101 to 98. Miller's SIX PACK : Downtown Freddy Brown, Chad Calabria, Glenn STICK Vidnovic, JJ Johnson and Dick Jensen. Johnson was B10 MVP, Ralph Miller B10 coach of the year and they all came home in a DC-3 landing in Iowa City to a huge crowd on the tarmac !!! :D

I'm older than dirt, but remember like it was yesterday when Iowa beat Rick Mount led PU for the BIG TEN Championship in 1970. The score was something like 101 to 98. Miller's SIX PACK : Downtown Freddy Brown, Chad Calabria, Glenn STICK Vidnovic, JJ Johnson and Dick Jensen. Johnson was B10 MVP, Ralph Miller B10 coach of the year and they all came home in a DC-3 landing in Iowa City to a huge crowd on the tarmac !!! :D
108 - 107 I think. Yeah the team used to fly out on Ozark " sudden death " Airlines when they used to run commercial flights out of Iowa City. I remember going to the airport as well as I think Zabel encouraged everyone to go. Iowa average 108 points a game over the last 12 games...

Reactions: Tunadog
108 - 107 I think. Yeah the team used to fly out on Ozark " sudden death " Airlines when they used to run commercial flights out of Iowa City. I remember going to the airport as well as I think Zabel encouraged everyone to go. Iowa average 108 points a game over the last 12 games...
Imagine how the scoring would look if they had the three point shot then. Snipers Brown, JJ, and Mount would now have dang near 35-40 point averages. Side note, almost lost my head when the crowd surged ahead to the plane with the props still turning and I'm in FRONT. Close to getting a permanent haircut. :D

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Imagine how the scoring would look if they had the three point shot then. Snipers Brown, JJ, and Mount would now have dang near 35-40 point averages. Side note, almost lost my head when the crowd surged ahead to the plane with the props still turning and I'm in FRONT. Close to getting a permanent haircut. :D
I believe Mount had 35 ppg anyway that season. The 61 in the referenced game has been estimated at 74 with the 3-pt line. Billy Keller was another who could launch from distance.

I hate Purdue so much that I pretend to hate Wisconsin more so I don't let the hatred of Purdue control my life.
I personally hate Purdue as well. But, after having said so many things to the detriment of Wisconsin, I've given pause to reflect. And with much consideration and restraint, I have arrived at the conclusion that I hate Wisconsin the most. I can't stand those cheese-grating, nut-punching, floppers, and will continue to do so.

While I really dislike Iowa, nothing can replace the hate a Purdue fan has for iu.
Hell, we even have a very special acronym reserved just for them: POTFH.

B8X8ieaCEAANfWU.jpg

I believe Mount had 35 ppg anyway that season. The 61 in the referenced game has been estimated at 74 with the 3-pt line. Billy Keller was another who could launch from distance.
Maravich averaged 44.5 for his career. College basketball’s all time leading scorer. Former LSU coach Dale Brown went back through Maravich’s senior year and said that Maravich would have had 12 threes a game.

Reactions: Razorhawk2
Haha, it's sarcasm. They tried to match us up with Purdue as a historical rival in fball like a decade ago. People have been having fun with it ever since
Yep, it was the Tupperware rivalry from the legends and leaders protected rivals.
NW and Illinois
OSU and Mich
Minn and Wisc
MSU and Indiana/PSU?
Nebraksa and PSU/Indiana?

Iowa and Purdue, the leftovers.
Iowa and Purdue fans embraced the 'hate' that we forgot existed deep in our souls.

Yep, it was the Tupperware rivalry from the legends and leaders protected rivals.
NW and Illinois
OSU and Mich
Minn and Wisc
MSU and Indiana/PSU?
Nebraksa and PSU/Indiana?

Iowa and Purdue, the leftovers.
Iowa and Purdue fans embraced the 'hate' that we forgot existed deep in our souls.
And never knew we wanted.....

I am disappointed in those that don't understand the Purdue rival hatred. It shows the lack of knowledge of our Legends/Leaders conference history and the fuel the conference forced on us to create this fire!!

I challenge your loyalty to Iowa if your hatred for Purdue isn't to the point that all other teams in the conference might as well move to another conference because there can be only one hated rival...and smells of P-U.

My hatred runs so hot in my veins that I often find myself cursing at random trains I see travelling across our landscape! The state should tear out all railroad tracks through Iowa just to avoid unnecessary violence, vandalism, and bloodshed.

Purdue Pete should commit suicide by his own hammer!

Ok, I'm done now. Back to hating Nebraska!

Last edited:
My PU hatred predates the assigned Leaders/Legends hatred. Losing the '80 NCAA consolation game to PU and # 1 NBA pick, Joe " Barely Cares " Carroll after losing Ronnie Lester, and to Louisville was just too much. It was the next to last consolation game ever played at the final four...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT