ADVERTISEMENT

A change for 1040 WHO listeners: Maxwell Schaeffer, Amy Sweet exit Des Moines morning slot

I appreciate Michael Smerconish's willingness to present both sides of an issue. Angelo doesn't and follows the Fox party line talking points and through who he arranges to be his guests, IMO.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I appreciate Michael Smerconish's willingness to present both sides of an issue. Angelo doesn't and follows the Fox party line talking points and through who he arranges to be his guests, IMO.

Angelo is known for being very inviting and cordial to politicians on the left, and is somewhat moderate on issues from time to time. He's a conservative no doubt but I like how respectful he is to guests.

Listening to Simon is like nails on a chalk board. He's arrogant and rude.

Choosing to be lectured about sociopolitical topics in 30 to 45 second loops has always been a strange thing. Not as strange as talk radio listeners claiming to not understand the appeal of tiktok, but still very strange.

I can listen to an in depth NPR interview....even when I don't agree with the folks. They aren't paid to be talking points like the Hannitys of the world

Interesting letter to the editor in today's Sunday Des Moines Register about WHO radio. They seem to have lost a lot of listeners when Van & Bonnie retired and the political discussions during the 5-9 am slot were increased. Will be interesting to see who they bring in next and if the emphasis to promote the Republican Party/ Fox News wanes and they get back to their previous listeners. Why they would gradually move away from the popularity of Van and Bonnie is a head scratcher.

Interesting letter to the editor in today's Sunday Des Moines Register about WHO radio. They seem to have lost a lot of listeners when Van & Bonnie retired and the political discussions during the 5-9 am slot were increased. Will be interesting to see who they bring in next and if the emphasis to promote the Republican Party/ Fox News wanes and they get back to their previous listeners. Why they would gradually move away from the popularity of Van and Bonnie is a head scratcher.

It did increase but it still wasn't what I would consider to be a political show. Angelo and Conway have political shows.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT