ADVERTISEMENT

A few FB tidbits...

Elihawk

HB Legend
Oct 5, 2001
Football...with spring practice a few days away, well, I got a chance to talk to someone "in the know" recently. I asked about one guy on O and one guy on D who most fans hadn't seen much from who will see the field plenty this year.
O- L Lachey was discussed. Expect him to be option b and the guy on the field when we go 2 TEs. Very good blocker, runs good routes and really understands the O scheme.
D- Y Black was the name mentioned first. He can play both positions, will most likely play both this fall. Good quickness, but surprisingly strong as well. I was expecting Lee's name, so I asked about him and was told he will be in the rotation and they expect a lot from him as well.
Also, true (I mean really true) Freshman on campus, Bruce and Johnson, WRs, are both performing really well in workouts, drills and 7/7s. Johnson was compared to B Smith, but faster. One or both of those guys will play this year.
Obviously, the staff is really glad to have Betts back in black and gold...he didn't say who was interviewed, but a couple big names were interested...but they like Betts! We didn't talk much about the new OL coach. Okay, not much but...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News