ADVERTISEMENT

A few more thoughts- Improvement

Elihawk

HB Legend
Oct 5, 2001
Mostly comparisons between what I saw in DM and then in Iowa City...and all you can do is determine if you saw improvement

OL, still a ways to go, but improving. From what i heard from coaches at the coaches clinic, to Des Moines...till the final practice, we improved. Timing, timing, timing...
QB, definately improved, especially Wiegers! Saturday was a terrible day for QB to look good, but both had some good moments and I think CJ was consitently putting the ball were only his WR had a shot to make the grab. Wiegers was night and day better than two weeks ago...
TE, even w/o JD, we should be strong with Kittle and HKC. Improvement, hard to tell but when/if we have Kittle and HKC healthy, we will be solid!
WR, not a position of strength, but it was nice to see Vandy step up here! Still, didn't see the improvement I hoped for.
RB, I think we saw solid efforts from Wadley and Mitchell, so that those two looked better. We are just not exposing Daniels and Canzieri to a lot of hits this spring, it would appear!
I was most impressed by punting...don't get me wrong, not a position of strength, but Kidd definately looked improved over last year (missed the punting in DM two weeks ago, so...)
Koehn, well no huge improvement, but very good!

Defense:
DL looks very solid and the DE are both improved over last year and some over two weeks ago. DT, well we got balance and the potential for a nice rotation. JJ and Bazata both look more consistent. JJ was very good Saturday!
LB- very improved over two weeks ago and last year! Guys just look to know their assignment and were out of position less (of course, the D knows the O pretty well at this point).
DBs- Like the hitting from our safeties, and really only 1-2 plays got open over the top! Def improved. We know our CBs will be good and I think with Fleming, Draper and Rucker all looking the part, we have some depth. Improved depth for sure...
Will special teams be better? I thought we covered well last year, but kick returns were brutal for much of the year. I don't see how we can NOT be improved and significantly. Hopefully Parker get over his inability to cleanly field a kick off, becuase we need his playmaking ability!

Reactions: Marchog and mshill
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News