ADVERTISEMENT

A Majority of House Republicans Vote Against Aid for Ukraine

Really don’t know the point I was making?

That a US Rep voted against the interests of her home country and in favor of a dictator that has killed several hundred thousand Ukrainians …
Her "home country"? Really? She's a US citizen.

Lmao. When NBC says you have a Nazi problem? You DEFINITELY have a Nazi problem.

During World War II, Bandera led the Ukrainian Insurgent Army, whose men killed thousands of Jews and Poles, including women and children, while fighting alongside Nazi Germany against the Red Army and communists.

"hundreds"

Sounds like a tiny fraction of what the GOP sent to Charlotte...

Reactions: EasyHawk
No sooner was the ink dry on the ballots than the Democrats started talking about the need for more stimulus. They clearly were going after additional spending even before Biden was sworn in.
Because it was needed? The economy was ****ed because of a once in a generation event. I don't blame trump for spending on covid that was fine it was needed. I blame him for giving rich ****s who didn't need it a huge tax break. That was adding to the debt that did nothing except make douchebag billionaires look richer on paper. What a waste. Didn't hear a peep about it from people like you though did we?

I blame him for giving rich ****s who didn't need it a huge tax break. That was adding to the debt that did nothing except make douchebag billionaires look richer on paper.
Do you know what the poor downtrodden liberals are complaining the loudest about when it comes to Donald Trump's tax policy?

The provision in his tax law that they want to reverse has to do with the deductibility of state and local taxes. (SALT)

This one section of the law had the effect of raising Federal Taxes on individuals and corporations by limiting their ability to deduct state taxes. Now the Libs in New York, California, Illinois, and New Jersey are complaining. They want their tax deductions back; Folks like yourself call these loopholes, I believe.

Let me make this clear; While Trump's tax rate cuts were the most wonderful thing to come out of Washington ever, the law actually raised the comparative tax rates on NY millionaires and those in other states with state taxes.

Watch the news carefully; The Dems are going to slip this reversal into some unrelated bill in the next little bit ... Be sure to complain when this goes through as it will lower taxes for (mostly) millionaires. Republicans will be against it and Democrats will be 100% for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: AreWeCross
Lmao. When NBC says you have a Nazi problem? You DEFINITELY have a Nazi problem.

During World War II, Bandera led the Ukrainian Insurgent Army, whose men killed thousands of Jews and Poles, including women and children, while fighting alongside Nazi Germany against the Red Army and communists.

They have Nazi's that live in Ukraine. So do we. Should Putin come denazify us?

Putin being mired in Ukraine in his waning years is good for America.
If we have to pay someone else to fight Russia and Iran, and hold them back, then it’s a good investment. One that saves American lives, and even more money than this aid will cost us.
Except for a brief, half-hearted interval during WWII, we've been doing our best to destroy Russia for roughly 100 years.

I used to think it was capitalism vs communism. Then the Berlin Wall fell and the USSR collapsed. For about a decade we shared in the plunder while our guy Yeltsin held fire sales, and when that frenzy slowed we went back to the long plan.

We don't actually give a damn about Ukraine. We tried to shift it to the Western sphere of influence but when that didn't quite work out, we decided that turning it into a failed state and a proving ground for new weapons and tactics was nearly as good.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
A majority of House Republicans voted against. The bill fails if Republicans make the call.

That isn't even slightly saying that the minority of Rs aren't Rs.

You're struggling to disagree with a patently true observation. Why?
They made the call. Speaker Johnson brought it to the floor for a vote. If those 100 or so republicans hadn’t voted for it, it doesn’t pass.

Why haven’t you addressed the 58 Democrats that voted no on funding for Israel? Why so many antisemitism in that party?

Why haven’t you addressed the 58 Democrats that voted no on funding for Israel?
Happy to have that conversation.

But this conversation was about Ukraine. And you said "so the 100 republicans that voted for it aren’t republicans? SMH."

Just admit that you misrepresented what I actually said, and I'll be happy to move on. How hard is that?

Reactions: Tom Paris
Wag the Dog. Just issued a death warrant for hundredscof thousands of Ukrainian men and in 20 years it will not matter.

I've asked before but why does Israel need the money?
And why did the original request for $14 billion balloon to $26 billion in 6 months?

Talk about inflation!

Somebody can fact check me on this but I'm pretty sure the original $14 billion was made after the 10/7 attack. Normally we just give them $4/year. So now we're up to $30 billion ($4 + $26)?

Even if a lot of that is just looping around into the coffers of our MIC, and being skimmed off by lobbyists and for CEO bonus packages, that's a whole lot of money.

That's over $3000 per Israeli, in case anyone is wondering. Or almost $1 million per person killed in the Gaza war.

I bet it would have been a whole lot cheaper to buy off Hamas.

No, I'm not saying we shouldn't aid Israel. But $30 BILLION? Apparently with NO STRINGS ATTACHED? Seriously?

Reactions: mustang_hawk
And why did the original request for $14 billion balloon to $26 billion in 6 months?

Talk about inflation!

Somebody can fact check me on this but I'm pretty sure the original $14 billion was made after the 10/7 attack. Normally we just give them $4/year. So now we're up to $30 billion ($4 + $26)?

Even if a lot of that is just looping around into the coffers of our MIC, and being skimmed off by lobbyists and for CEO bonus packages, that's a whole lot of money.

That's over $3000 per Israeli, in case anyone is wondering. Or almost $1 million per person killed in the Gaza war.

I bet it would have been a whole lot cheaper to buy off Hamas.

No, I'm not saying we shouldn't aid Israel. But $30 BILLION? Apparently with NO STRINGS ATTACHED? Seriously?
Absent a very strong argument why Israel needs this money I would have voted against it too.

Absent a very strong argument why Israel needs this money I would have voted against it too.
On top of which, bumping it from $14 billion to $26 billion sounds like we're rewarding them for disregarding practically every request we've made to reduce the carnage.

Not to mention continuing to build illegal settlements. Not to mention influencing US elections.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT