ADVERTISEMENT

A new covid vaccine is coming out in September! Will you get it?

Season 9 Smh GIF by The Office

I'm a strapping young lad. So, no - don't plan to.

Maybe I'll ask that the hand of god protect me as a backup. Anybody have his number?
What the hell does Diego Maradona have to do with this?

4114.jpg

(For the non soccer afficionados Diego Maradona scored this goal in the quarters of a world cup to go up 1-0 on England. It is commonly referred to as the "hand of god". It was before replay and the ref didn't see it. He then scored the "best goal of the century" to beat them 2-1. )

Will you get them at the same time?

I usually space them out by 2 weeks or so.
Got them at the same time last year with no issues...but I'm the guy who never reacts badly to vaccines. My shingles vaccines didn't bother me at all and everyone says the second one hammered them. I know the second one put my no-pic wife on the couch for a couple of days.

Got them at the same time last year with no issues...but I'm the guy who never reacts badly to vaccines. My shingles vaccines didn't bother me at all and everyone says the second one hammered them. I know the second one put my no-pic wife on the couch for a couple of days.

Nice.

Did you get them in the same arm?

We're still going with our actual PCM's advice, not internet doctors, right? I had my annual back in June and my doc was more concerned with me getting my shingles vax now and my flu shot in the fall. She offered COVID but said I don't really need it but, "it's just something we offer if you want it."

Should I have her call the OP and Joes Place? :cool:

We're still going with our actual PCM's advice, not internet doctors, right? I had my annual back in June and my doc was more concerned with me getting my shingles vax now and my flu shot in the fall. She offered COVID but said I don't really need it but, "it's just something we offer if you want it."

Should I have her call the OP and Joes Place? :cool:
Or you look at it as getting it has almost a zero downside and will likely have no effect at all but will almost certainly prevent serious illness if you get covid. Kinda like the thinking behind a seatbelt. I doubt I'm going to be in an accident that will eject me from the car...but why chance it when I can protect myself with something so simple.

covid going around the inlaws. Both MIL and FIL in their 90’s and while pretty sick, got through it just fine. No pic probably had it earlier this week and stayed home one day. Nothing more than a cold. So, no, not getting one (I got the original and one booster to date). Also second shingles messed me up for one day. First was no problemo….

• Sad
Reactions: BrianNole777
Just curious were they elderly and/or have other pre-existing health issues?
Both were men. One was 46 and the other was one day short of being 64. Both were healthy, but the 46 yr old had been wounded in Iraq some 10 years earlier. Neither of them had been vaccinated. The older one was quite vocal about being against the vaccine. The younger man left behind a wonderful 38 year old wife and two kids under 5. The older man has a great wife and 3 adult kids to mourn him. I'm am related by marriage to both men.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT