ADVERTISEMENT

A nice Editorial in Today’s “Register”

Man, linking is extremely easy

200w.gif

Joel claims he never links for people on principle. I’m pretty sure the old man hasn’t figured it out after a decade+ of HORTing.

Is this it, Joel?

Precious few Iowans benefit substantially from all of this. Many other Iowans might see little to no change in their daily lives. But far too many Iowans are left to regard the new policies with suspicion — and fear. People who have migrated from other countries or whose appearance suggests they may have done so. People in need of public assistance. People whose choices don’t align with conservative Christian views and now face potential exclusion under a “Religious Freedom Restoration Act.”

Reynolds and the Legislature can’t claim to be crafting bills to answer Iowa’s unique needs. Several of the most objectionable laws clearly came from think tanks’ model legislation, copied the actions of other conservative-run states, or both. On some of the most impactful bills, another effect of the Republicans’ supermajority is apparent: It’s easier to cut deals out of the public eye and then make a show of accepting public comment before pushing through the original plan. This was most evident with the end-of-session income tax bill, which passed both chambers within two days of being introduced, hours after an analysis showed it would cost the state treasury $1 billion over two years.

Reactions: nelly02
200w.gif

Joel claims he never links for people on principle. I’m pretty sure the old man hasn’t figured it out after a decade+ of HORTing.
I’d ask my mom/dad for “home work help” growing up and I often received the reply….”Look it up yourself!”
I gave the advice to my kids……and so, I pass on this gem to you, too. Sorry, but I don’t “Link” stuff….HORT did learn me how to turn on my ‘puter, tho!

Is this it, Joel?

Precious few Iowans benefit substantially from all of this. Many other Iowans might see little to no change in their daily lives. But far too many Iowans are left to regard the new policies with suspicion — and fear. People who have migrated from other countries or whose appearance suggests they may have done so. People in need of public assistance. People whose choices don’t align with conservative Christian views and now face potential exclusion under a “Religious Freedom Restoration Act.”

Reynolds and the Legislature can’t claim to be crafting bills to answer Iowa’s unique needs. Several of the most objectionable laws clearly came from think tanks’ model legislation, copied the actions of other conservative-run states, or both. On some of the most impactful bills, another effect of the Republicans’ supermajority is apparent: It’s easier to cut deals out of the public eye and then make a show of accepting public comment before pushing through the original plan. This was most evident with the end-of-session income tax bill, which passed both chambers within two days of being introduced, hours after an analysis showed it would cost the state treasury $1 billion over two years.
Is this it, Joel?

However, for retirees…it’s nice to not have any state tax on 401K withdrawals and gov’t pensions.

However, for retirees…it’s nice to not have any state tax on 401K withdrawals and gov’t pensions.
It phuquin’ stupid, though….income is income and if you have an income tax, all income needs to be taxed appropriately. Why should I live “tax free” when folks who are raising their kids and putting them thru school/college and living “Day to day” are paying income tax? Why not LOWER everyone’s taxes instead of choosing (pandering) winners and losers?

This shit just fits right in with the MAGA/Republican agenda of rewarding its base. It’s so damned political it’s ridiculous. And many Iowans see nothing wrong with it at all…….and they will vote for Kim and Republicans some more……and drink their bottled water. ;)

It phuquin’ stupid, though….income is income and if you have an income tax, all income needs to be taxed appropriately. Why should I live “tax free” when folks who are raising their kids and putting them thru school/college and living “Day to day” are paying income tax? Why not LOWER everyone’s taxes instead of choosing (pandering) winners and losers?

This shit just fits right in with the MAGA/Republican agenda of rewarding its base. It’s so damned political it’s ridiculous. And many Iowans see nothing wrong with it at all…….and they will vote for Kim and Republicans some more……and drink their bottled water. ;)
Well last year I had to Pay north of $600 to Kim and this past year $0. Nice when you are on a fixed income. I have paid my share over the years believe me. Now if we can eliminate the property tax for seniors.

We are competing with other states. We do not exist in a vacuum.

Is this it, Joel?

Yep……
You know your’e just enabling me, billanole? ;)
Thanks!
Good thing Im not a drug fiend….or a groomer, huh?

Feel free to make a donation to the state of Iowa Dept. of Revenue at any time you'd like.

Hey proving my point. You can’t see a liberal rag for what it is and if you disagree I’m MAGA. This is so easy it’s funny how dumb you are.
Most papers are “liberal” in their presentation…..They investigate and report facts and are pretty much written and put together by folks who read and understand the English language and how to write sentences and paragraphs……..Can’t get much more liberal than that, can you?

Most papers are “liberal” in their presentation…..They investigate and report facts and are pretty much written and put together by folks who read and understand the English language and how to write sentences and paragraphs……..Can’t get much more liberal than that, can you?
Yes like minded individuals talking to and agree with one another. What a way to have general discourse.

I assume governor Reynolds was trying to help keep Iowa retirees from leaving the state? Iowa certainly doesn’t have the climate of say a Florida, so it may not work anyway. However, keeping more people in your state is still good as retirees spend money on consumer goods, have part time jobs, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
I assume governor Reynolds was trying to help keep Iowa retirees from leaving the state? Iowa certainly doesn’t have the climate of say a Florida, so it may not work anyway. However, keeping more people in your state is still good as retirees spend money on consumer goods, have part time jobs, etc.
Hans my friend….there are 3 reasons retired Iowans leave Iowa…….December, January and February. Understand this is the fact and the rest is bullshit and politics. Iowa’s winter weather just beats you to a pulp over a life time…..and you gotta get out of Dodge occasionally…..How many “retirees” really leave Iowa because of taxes? Is this info really publicly consumable? I would bet “weather” outweighs “taxes” considerably…..You dont have to shovel sunshine and you cant slip on an icy sidewalk when it’s 55F outside…..

Reactions: Lindemann
I can tell you I am in no way MAGA so just irritates me when libs fall back on that as an argument. You may not agree with me but I’m not that.
“ l am always posting things supporting far right buzzwords & hate libtards…but don’t you dare call me a MAGA, darnit!”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT